Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    19 plate,itll be under warranty,let Vauxhall sort it out
    what was sarcastic,or insulting about this ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I think he was on about the RTFM reply, not sure why you would get effended by it but hey live and learn.

Comment

The most important thing to realize when thinking about how to deal with someone who is offended is that their taking offence does not necessarily mean that we have been offensive. Someone can be offended without us having been offensive.

To all the snowflakes out there - grow a pair.
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

IT is a term used to describe groups of easily offended people – often youngsters – who protest about issues or band together on social media. Here is everything you need to know about …
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Irrespective of model year, I'm sure that the first thing most forum members did when they got their Insignia was to read the manual. Personally, when I'm getting a new car I'll track down the manual on line in advance, and skim it in preparation for taking delivery of my shiny new(-ish) vehicle. So I think I can understand the short responses that you got from your initial post.

This is a generally friendly forum, we'll joke about certain things like marko301's taste in wheels, but when it comes down to it we are a disparate group with the only thing in common being the bit of tin, plastic, rubber and wires that sits in our drive or garage. Lighten up, have a cuppa and please enjoy the forum for what it is.

2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by M17cac View Post
              Is it a prerequisite to be on this site to be totally rude and unhelpful. I think i will sell my insignia if it's going to turn me into someone like this.....
              Hi

Don't be put off by some of the answers. They're just trying to be comedians. They mean no offence. Banter is very prominent on the forum and some members jump in with both feet before a new member has time to settle in.

Some existing members also get upset when a new member joins and goes straight on about an issue before introducing themselves. You know what kiddies are like.

Anyway, even the worst reply by 0011728 was meant as an informative joke. It is surprising how many join and ask questions without ever bothering to pick up the manual.

If you have checked the manual and can't find the answers, then I'd follow exclusiv's advice and pop it back to the dealers.

I'm pretty sure the parking assist can be surned on and off in the settings. I can't help with the other issue though.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Agreed it is very important to read the manual these days with new cars. They are not what they use to me. There are so much tech and gizmo in the car that it would take you a week to read through the whole manual then you prob have to keep referring back to it to refresh your memory about something. I always read the manual, makes life easier and gives you a head start.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Some existing members also get upset when a new member joins and goes straight on about an issue before introducing themselves. You know what kiddies are like.
                  Correct.....and I'm one of them
                  It doesn't take a university degree to read and understand what the introduction section is meant for.

It's frustrating when someone joins up.....and goes straight into "I've got a problem with......." And it's done on the introduction section.

No "hi guys, I'm......"
                  Just straight in....even worse when they only join to get the advice on how to remedy their issue and not return....until they're next problem and again it's another post.

As said before, you can only get from a forum what you put in.

Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Correct.....and I'm one of them
                    It doesn't take a university degree to read and understand what the introduction section is meant for.

It's frustrating when someone joins up.....and goes straight into "I've got a problem with......." And it's done on the introduction section.

No "hi guys, I'm......"
                    Just straight in....even worse when they only join to get the advice on how to remedy their issue and not return....until they're next problem and again it's another post.

As said before, you can only get from a forum what you put in.

Rant over.
                    The ones who really bug me are the new members who never let you know if an issue was resolved.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      The ones who really bug me are the new members who never let you know if an issue was resolved.
                      Yep.... definitely.
                      We impart with our knowledge on here coz a few newbies can't get a proper answer from Faceache....then disappear with so much as a thanks....... ignorant fuds.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        RTFM
                        What does it mean. Always had problems with acronyms, always have trouble reading them.
                        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                          What does it mean. Always had problems with acronyms, always have trouble reading them.
                          Read the fooking manual.

Comment

Read The F#@*ing Manual (or maybe Rab's The F#@*ing Man, or even Rab's tarting for Marko?)
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                              Read The F#@*ing Manual (or maybe Rab's The F#@*ing Man?)

Comment

See my edit
                                2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                                X