X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound of water

When accelerating in my 1.8sri petrol
    I get a whooshing sound of water coming from around the expansion tank

Hello, reading your earlier posts , I see on one that the head gasket had been diagnosed as a non start by the RAC .
    Did you replace the head gasket?

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

With the amount of issues you have, I'd sell it on and buy something else.

Comment

This is the only issue now all others been fixed

Comment

Can’t believe nobody else has had this problem?

Comment

Not a real lot on this forum,with the 1.8 engine tbh
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

With that engine you might get more response from going on this site-----VXon---have you checked the doors for water and remove the glovebox to see what condition the pollen filter is----these fill up too with water I believe------Dave

Comment

Why is this a diesel insignia forum

Comment

No, there are just not that many petrol owners, even less of the 1.8's
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Mr Shootingstar ,
                    Can you try and upload a video clip of it doing it or a sound clip ?
                    Can you hear it in the car or just from underneath the bonnet ?
                    If you have changed the thermostat, and head gasket. And water pump
                    And everything is ok now including interior temperature ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      Hello, reading your earlier posts , I see on one that the head gasket had been diagnosed as a non start by the RAC .
                      Did you replace the head gasket?
                      Think he has just put some sort of head sealant into the coolant system for the head gasket---over the years I've never heard any good reports about using this stuff--its a head off and replace head gasket-----Dave

Comment

Dare we say it Dave ?
                        K-seal ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X