Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Low Sensor + Multiple Small Interior Electrical Faults

Hi,

I am not sure where the best place in the forum to put this post is as I think it mostly relates to electrical.

Over the past few months I have been experiencing some electrical problems with my 2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi Elite. First I will list the electrical (I think the Coolant Sensor could be linked?). Yesterday I removed the Negative battery connector for 30 mins which seems to have fixed some problems.

1) Heated driver seat turns off after about 45 seconds no matter what heat setting, passengers is fine
    2) DAB radio and FM Radio Issues for a few weeks now (nothing new added)

Battery reset fixed the below issues. all were set correctly in settings.

1) Passenger wing mirror stops tilting in reverse (Battery reset fixed this)
    2) Boot stopped opening - Not like issues ive had before with switch, but no power (Battery reset fixed this)
    3) Parking sensors stopped being automatic, I had to turn on manually.

--------------------------------------

So on to the second which I think may be related problem is the Coolant sensor warning I get everytime I start the engine. I keep constant eye on coolant, cold and hot, it doesn't change, so I am assuming its either a clogged or dodgy sensor, or another electrical issue. If it is an electrical issue you can think of please share, otherwise please see below.

I have noticed to replace the sensor you need to replace the coolant tank. So to me I feel confident that I could do this myself, I have a lot of experience with similar cooling systems for other machines, just not engines. is there more of a knack to this than just draining coolant, replacing sensor, tank, refilling, letting the air out? or do you think I should bring this to a garage to do?

I love my diesel insignia, its 2013 and I really do not want to be spending £800+ (with garages) on fixing a car thats now only worth 4k.

Many thanks for replies and sorry if any are in the wrong section

Originally posted by dlystyr View Post
    Hi,

I am not sure where the best place in the forum to put this post is as I think it mostly relates to electrical.

Over the past few months I have been experiencing some electrical problems with my 2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi Elite. First I will list the electrical (I think the Coolant Sensor could be linked?). Yesterday I removed the Negative battery connector for 30 mins which seems to have fixed some problems.

1) Heated driver seat turns off after about 45 seconds no matter what heat setting, passengers is fine
    2) DAB radio and FM Radio Issues for a few weeks now (nothing new added)

Battery reset fixed the below issues. all were set correctly in settings.

1) Passenger wing mirror stops tilting in reverse (Battery reset fixed this)
    2) Boot stopped opening - Not like issues ive had before with switch, but no power (Battery reset fixed this)
    3) Parking sensors stopped being automatic, I had to turn on manually.

--------------------------------------

So on to the second which I think may be related problem is the Coolant sensor warning I get everytime I start the engine. I keep constant eye on coolant, cold and hot, it doesn't change, so I am assuming its either a clogged or dodgy sensor, or another electrical issue. If it is an electrical issue you can think of please share, otherwise please see below.

I have noticed to replace the sensor you need to replace the coolant tank. So to me I feel confident that I could do this myself, I have a lot of experience with similar cooling systems for other machines, just not engines. is there more of a knack to this than just draining coolant, replacing sensor, tank, refilling, letting the air out? or do you think I should bring this to a garage to do?

I love my diesel insignia, its 2013 and I really do not want to be spending £800+ (with garages) on fixing a car thats now only worth 4k.

Many thanks for replies and sorry if any are in the wrong section
    Somewhere in here there is a thread about changing coolant tank, don't think you even need to drain full system. It's a commonish fault. Sure someone will point in right direction.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just need to drain some coolant by opening the drain valve on the radiator--once level has dropped in the header tank close the valve----pull the header tank towards and upwards to release it---takes the electrical connection off and then the hoses----replace sensor or new tank with new sensor and refit ---some people have to remove the battery but I never needed too and mine is huge--The Insignia likes a very good battery so might be worth getting yours checked out-----Dave

Comment

3........2...........1........liftoff ! And welcome dlystyr
        Stick with Dave on the expansion tank debarcle.
        You have done exactly what others are to,d when things go wobbly
        And it's worked 75% of the problems have been sorted
        Like doing a hard reset on a computer or mobile phone.
        Your first 2 problems are embedded in the car .
        1) heated seat going off
        Think if it as a very minuite electric blanket with a built in thermostat.because our posteriors are sitting on the elements circuit start to break over many years , and that's wha has happened
        2) DAB non communicardo it's a known problem, and well versed on here under workshop section.
        Seems to be the DAB module that goes wobbly.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
        X