A1 Metro centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1 Metro centre

looks like theyre having a purge on the motorists again on the A1 up by metro centre,,anyone on this regularly,keep vigilant .. how the speed limit is still 50, is beyond me after the millions they spent upgrading that stretch of road

Click image for larger version

Name:	75450015_2468381393409360_2229519086721695744_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	249412
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    looks like theyre having a purge on the motorists again on the A1 up by metro centre,,anyone on this regularly,keep vigilant .. how the speed limit is still 50, is beyond me after the millions they spent upgrading that stretch of road

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2811[/ATTACH]
    Everywhere the same. As of this week active speed cameras across the humber bridge 50mph but have heard they are targeting the few hundred yards before and after the toll booths which is a 30mph. Stupid in the tag lane, it just holds traffic up and makes it harder for the traffic to merge from three toll booths and the tag lane into two lanes.

Also all local BP and Shell filling stations are now sending fines out for being on site for more than 30 minutes (BP) and 20 minutes for Shell. This includes going to onsite shops and waiting for car wash, air, etc etc.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post

Also all local BP and Shell filling stations are now sending fines out for being on site for more than 30 minutes (BP) and 20 minutes for Shell. This includes going to onsite shops and waiting for car wash, air, etc etc.
      bastards ! people should boycott them,come in and spend your money,but feck straight off after you have done so
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

They've got to raise money somehow for the policemans ball
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          bastards ! people should boycott them,come in and spend your money,but feck straight off after you have done so
          Yeah few stories online. People spending £80 plus then getting fined £100 for being 5 mins over.

Even one case where a car park area has been split in two and if you go to McDonald's instead of Starbucks you get fined.
          The scary thing about that is they are using cctv to actually follow you when you leave your car.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

The Metro centre is one place I avoid if I can----with the Christmas coming it will be even worse and with the many millions they have and keep spending on improving it have not worked---its a bloody nightmare and now the police need some money for the New Years party!!!!!!!------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              The Metro centre is one place I avoid if I can----with the Christmas coming it will be even worse and with the many millions they have and keep spending on improving it have not worked---its a bloody nightmare and now the police need some money for the New Years party!!!!!!!------Dave
              refuse ,point blank to go in the place,id rather do a shift at work for nowt,horrible place,,as is all shops

Comment

Totally agree Dave--even the wife hates it----bloody awful place-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Been a well publicised issue at East Midlands airport with folk getting done in the petrol station on site, the airport introduced quite hefty drop off charges and at the same time the petrol station which is only a few mins away started monitoring for people dropping off and picking up there instead and issuing automatic fines. No end of folk been getting done when they arent doing drop offs etc and actually using the petrol station.

Had some fun and games with one of the retail parks in Chesterfield recently as well, its right by the town centre and with fees for parking going up and up lots of folk use it to then walk into town rather than stay on site. They've really been pushing monitoring on that and overstaying but there have been folk getting done even though they've never left the site, folk getting done for overstaying after they've done some shopping on site then spent time in Pizza Hut on site and rather amusingly recently a bunch of folk were done on the Sunday the clocks changed for overstaying as they came in one entrance and left by the other but the time had only been updated on one of the cameras so it made them look like they had been there an hour longer than they actually had. All of them were having to individually appeal the tickets rather than the company just voiding the tickets issued incorrectly.

I once got done at a Lidl car park when i went in the store to get some bits then popped to a shop over the road, parking bod must have seen me come back as next thing i saw was him chasing me out of the car park to get my reg number as i drove out. I was there for 25mins tops as i was on my lunch hour and a week later i got a letter through the post with a fine for overstaying their 2 hour limit! It was years ago though when the advice was to ignore it which i did and it just went through the various steps the advice on Martin Lewis site said it would then just went away.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                    Been a well publicised issue at East Midlands airport with folk getting done in the petrol station on site, the airport introduced quite hefty drop off charges and at the same time the petrol station which is only a few mins away started monitoring for people dropping off and picking up there instead and issuing automatic fines. No end of folk been getting done when they arent doing drop offs etc and actually using the petrol station.

Had some fun and games with one of the retail parks in Chesterfield recently as well, its right by the town centre and with fees for parking going up and up lots of folk use it to then walk into town rather than stay on site. They've really been pushing monitoring on that and overstaying but there have been folk getting done even though they've never left the site, folk getting done for overstaying after they've done some shopping on site then spent time in Pizza Hut on site and rather amusingly recently a bunch of folk were done on the Sunday the clocks changed for overstaying as they came in one entrance and left by the other but the time had only been updated on one of the cameras so it made them look like they had been there an hour longer than they actually had. All of them were having to individually appeal the tickets rather than the company just voiding the tickets issued incorrectly.

I once got done at a Lidl car park when i went in the store to get some bits then popped to a shop over the road, parking bod must have seen me come back as next thing i saw was him chasing me out of the car park to get my reg number as i drove out. I was there for 25mins tops as i was on my lunch hour and a week later i got a letter through the post with a fine for overstaying their 2 hour limit! It was years ago though when the advice was to ignore it which i did and it just went through the various steps the advice on Martin Lewis site said it would then just went away.
                    That's the same up here too,,Newcastle airport has no free pick up,and drop off lanes,,so if you drop someone off,then drive straight off,it costs you 2 quid for the privilege,,,,it used to be 10/15 mins free

Comment

Glasgow airport is exactly the same.
                      Just a rip off against the motorists again

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        They've got to raise money somehow for the policemans ball
                        Exactly what i'm thinking, have you guys not noticed a pattern each year, come towards Christmas time they send more units out to catch speeders. One way to get Christmas bonus .

Comment

Working...
                        X