Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking some advice about Body Control Module please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking some advice about Body Control Module please!

Hi

I have a 2010 insignia which has been causing some problems recently.. Have sorted out most problems but still having an issue with no reversing lights and no rear left indicator.. I have been told by an auto electrician that the body control module is faulty and they said it would cost nearly £500 for a new one including fitting. I have heard people say disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 10-15 minutes and leaving the lights on to drain the power from the ecu can reset this?

My local breakers yard have a body control module from a broken insignia of the same year, engine etc for £20 and also eBay have second hand ones for sale for quite cheap too.

My question is that if a new one needs fitted does anyone know if it would be a matter of just plugging it in (if it is coming out of another insignia with the same engine code) or what programming it entails?

Thanks!!

Hello, unfortunately it will require coding or marrying to your car
    Also to save hassle the one your are buying should be divorced from the old car
    To know what programming it requires you will have to know someone with the right software and who knows what they are doing .
    Have you got the car pass card with the cars paperwork?
    Have you tried just disconnecting the battery completely for half an hour ?
    With doing that don't close the bonnet don't lock the car , and just in case make sure your blade key turns and unlocks the car before removal of battery terminals .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks lizzard-t!

Haven't tried disconnecting the battery at all yet but I will be at some stage this week just too see, do you think it is a long shot that that could work?

Comment

Longer the better with disconnecting the battery-----and agree with lizard-t about the precautions before you do it-------Dave

Comment

You can try looking at the fuse F2DA in the glovebox fuse box.

Comment

Working...
          X