Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with AFL lights, no high beam

Hello.
    I have 2009 year Insignia and I have a problem with my AFL lights. When the light switch is set to auto, then I sometimes get service AFL message. I have read the fault codes and the code is U1522 Lin Bus 2 lost communication with device 2. This fault code is stored as intermittent. I have Delphi DS150 diagnostic tool and I tested the headlight, all headlight motors work perfectly.
    Does anybody know, how to fix this problem? Could it be xenon bulb issue or maybe is the headlight module faulty?

Does you high beam works?

Comment

When I get service afl message and yellow AFL lamp lights up then high beam won't work.

Comment

Can you check if all other bulbs working I'm not up to speed with preface do the AFL have cornering bulbs in them? might be blown cornering bulb so when on auto it triggers the error, failing that then it will get more expensive

Comment

As said worth checking the cornering bulbs as these will cause error messages.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I have checked all bulbs and they are working. I just remembered that a week ago I noticed that when it got service afl message then right side xenon bulb didn't work and the 1522 fault code was stored as permanent. I think i should try to change headlight ballasts and when the fault goes to the left headlight, then it's faulty ballast.

Comment

Chances are its a ballast,on the preface they were mounted underneath the headlight,asking for water to leak into them. on the facelift theyre side mounted,so the penny must have dropped
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
              X