Insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex nav 160. Custom face
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    HID kits come with a ballast, not really suitable for cars with the old style reflector lights like these - they tend to glare despite them having a bar along the shaft of the bulbs - HID is designed for projector lenses like those on the Facelift A. Even LED as @marko301 says, will glare in these lights because there isn't the metal sheath around the bulb like the modern cars have.

I think you have done about as good as you can with these and also being legal - HIDs are now illegal, although they are very good.
    Yeah I realised my mistake when I double checked the HID kit I had on my watch list. Yeah I'm glad I went this route then! Looks great, just what I wanted and no glare, saved a few quid too. Will test how good they are tonight, I have high hopes compared to the candles it had before!
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, double barrel exhaust, racechip tuned, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

2. Likes Chewy1971 liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the lights at night now mate

4. Likes Jakxta liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    They look great but you might find the light output poor on unlit roads. The blue coating which gives them the white look also holds back some of the output. The only way to find out if they work for your needs is to try them.
    Yeah I was meant to give an update after driving at night. I live 3 miles down an unlit road and these bulbs are a vast improvement over the originals, especially the full beam. Maybe just cheap yellows in before
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, double barrel exhaust, racechip tuned, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

6. Likes RBH, marko301 liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy66 View Post
    How are the lights at night now mate
    Just posted an update, completely forgot, but basically way better light output than the stock set

8. Likes RBH liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are these holding up after a couple of weeks ?

Learner Driver DeathMetalMilkMan's Avatar
    Car
    2011 SRI Cdti Ecoflex and 2008 Vectra SRI.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I might pick this set up. I'm looking for super white LED. Just got the same stock yellow, need to sort the side lights and indicators. Just gonna copy that link you posted earlier...

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia, 2010 SRI, Silver.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalMilkMan View Post
    I think I might pick this set up. I'm looking for super white LED. Just got the same stock yellow, need to sort the side lights and indicators. Just gonna copy that link you posted earlier...
    You must have the same lights as me, the older style with halogen bulbs. ?
    I swapped out the DRL yellowish bulbs for ‘whiter’ bulbs I got off Amazon, and put in a pair of H7 Osram Night breaker laser bulbs for the dipped beam, just looking now at some H1 full beam bulbs for maximum light output for the shitty dark roads as I tend to be on full beam most of the time when driving at night.
    Nightbreakers are definitely whiter then the stock bulbs and have a great light output too. But from the web though and not a motor factor, they wanted €45 where as I got them for about half that nearly off amazon.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian147 View Post
    You must have the same lights as me, the older style with halogen bulbs. ?
    I swapped out the DRL yellowish bulbs for ‘whiter’ bulbs I got off Amazon, and put in a pair of H7 Osram Night breaker laser bulbs for the dipped beam, just looking now at some H1 full beam bulbs for maximum light output for the shitty dark roads as I tend to be on full beam most of the time when driving at night.
    Nightbreakers are definitely whiter then the stock bulbs and have a great light output too. But from the web though and not a motor factor, they wanted €45 where as I got them for about half that nearly off amazon.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car
    Insignia GS VXLine 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best you'll manage with normal bulbs are nightbreakers or phillips extreme vision, as you are on standard reflectors, I don't think LEDs or HIDs are suitable mainly due to the glare to oncoming cars - despite the modifications made to the HIDs. As @Marko said, these white halgoens simply do not work that well - the whiter you go, the less light output is given

15. Likes Brian147 liked

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast