WinPower HIR2 / 9012 Led Headlight bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinPower HIR2 / 9012 Led Headlight bulbs

Should the above not work in a 2015 2.0 CDTi ecoflex SRi?

I thought they would have but once plugged in - theres nothing - they appear to be dead. Tested both then plugged the original back in and it works.

Am I being daft and missing something obvious?

TIA

Did they work when you tested them. I'm not really up to date with leds, but some won't work because of polarity. Try turning them 180 degrees . Not saying it is that, but I had issues with my interior leds, turned 180 degrees and they worked...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should the above not work in a 2015 2.0 CDTi ecoflex SRi?

I thought they would have but once plugged in - theres nothing - they appear to be dead. Tested both then plugged the original back in and it works.

Am I being daft and missing something obvious?

TIA
      Last edited by RBH; 28-11-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
        Did they work when you tested them. I'm not really up to date with leds, but some won't work because of polarity. Try turning them 180 degrees . Not saying it is that, but I had issues with my interior leds, turned 180 degrees and they worked...
        Cheers for the quick response.

This was when testing... I didn't bother actually fitting within the housing as they didn't work when tested.

In fairness, I hope im just being daft rather than the product being DOA.

Comment

I've just read the reviews on the website. Apparently they fit insignia and zafira with 9012 bulbs. The only issue highlighted is that they recommend decoder ballasts in case of any error messages. They also reccomend that you contact winpower directly, if any issues arise. I'm interested in the outcome because I want to upgrade my zafira 9012 bulbs...

Comment

I've just read the reviews on the website. Apparently they fit insignia and zafira with 9012 bulbs. The only issue highlighted is that they recommend decoder ballasts in case of any error messages. They also reccomend that you contact winpower directly, if any issues arise. I'm interested in the outcome because I want to upgrade my zafira 9012 bulbs...
            Yeah mate, saw that myself and have emailed them. Ill update with any response and hopefully an outcome.

Comment

Yeah mate, saw that myself and have emailed them. Ill update with any response and hopefully an outcome.

Comment

Have you actually tried turning the connector 180 degrees, may be worth a try.

Comment

You must make sure that they are connected positive to positive and negative to negative otherwise they won't work-----easy to get it wrong--------Dave

Comment

Thanks Arfa & Dave - I'll try tomorrow. Far too much football on tonight now!

Comment

If you look at the reviews and there is even pictures attached with insignia, you have to flip the plug 180, so the locking clamp is on the other side of plug pin. Once you do that they should work and I would advise tape the plug with electrical tape so the connection can't come apart due to vibration ect.

Comment

Honestly mate, dont waste ya time with leds for the facelift, they look nice and bright until you get on an unlit road

I nearly shat myself with these in , go with hids

Comment

Honestly mate, dont waste ya time with leds for the facelift, they look nice and bright until you get on an unlit road

The projection of the light is worse than the standard bulbs

On that note, ill be putting up some leds 9012 in the for sale section shortly , if any one is interested

Comment

Failing that, send them back and get some from HNA. Got some for my wifes facelift A and just fit ... and work perfectly

HNA Supplies - En-Lightening Customers Cars SInce 2013 is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with HNA Supplies - En-Lightening Customers Cars SInce 2013 and others you may know. Facebook gives...

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post

Kel......Already stated that and more on post 3 of this thread but it was ignored so I deleted the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X