Exhaust hanging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust hanging down

Pulled off roundabout tonight leaving work in my truck. And the Mrs was in front of me. Any how driving behind her and realised exhaust looks low underneath so when got home had a look and it looks Asif the exhaust is loose toward the front of the car making the rear angle piece that leads to exit almost touching floor... when I push it up I can see it turning at the front but can’t get right under to look at min. Anyone else had anything snap / come loose at front? Gonna take it to the yard tomorrow and get it jacket up.

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Could it be the flexi pipe braiding rotted away, this is under the weather shield.

I have to get mine done at some point, as Dave pointed out it was rotting away

Comment

I’ll check that out tomorrow morning mate. Thanks for your reply it’s just literally gone through mot, and if that’s hidden behind the undertray he would not of noticed it so that’s a very valid point [emoji3]

Comment

Any news on the exhaust bud

Comment

It's not this bracket gone is it?
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Genuine Vauxhall Insignia Front Exhaust Pipe Bracket 13229791 at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Sorry lads. Woke up this morning and the Mrs decided she did not want to drive the Mercedes
            To work. As she thinks she can drive one car only ever [emoji23] so I ended up going to work in it but didn’t get a chance to get it up as I had a full front
            End rebuild on a zafira, insignia first on my job list tomorrow I’ll update around dinner time. [emoji106]

Comment

Ah ye , looking at some pics as im wanting to replace the flexi hose, the bracket is before that, and seems the more likely culprit

Comment

I’ll post pics of my findings mate.

Comment

Well got under car today. Needed from flexi back... centre section bolts had rotted through, and snapped. And then with the movement from that had snapped the centre silencer joking around the weld. £160 later... oh and mine was the one without the chrome tip. So I decided to change that [emoji23] results in pics cut the exit out with a grinder too haha doesn’t look too bad until I order an original one with hole in [emoji106]

Comment

Didn't it sound a bit throaty?
                    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Not really mate. They don’t with the dpf. If that wasn’t there it would be louder I think

Comment

Working...
                      X