Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall insignia low oil pressure

Hello guys,
    My Vauxhall insignia has being throwing up low oil pressure when the engine has been left sat for hours usually overnight.
    I have been reading online and have seen on YouTube that changing the sum gasket seal usually solves the problem.

I have taken my car to mechanic for the change. But one thing I wanted to ask is has anyone seen this warning repeat after getting it done?

Hi mate.
    I can't answer but if you post your question in the relevant section you'll get a better response.
    This the section for saying hello etc......not a lot of passing traffic in here.....

Or go to the section and have a search through.

Comment

Where can I post the question? I am relatively new to this .

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan.o View Post
        Where can I post the question? I am relatively new to this .
        An admin can move this post when they are online.

Regarding your issue: I'm just basing this off of similar issues people have had. I've never experienced this myself so not too sure.

Basically over time the seal hardens and becomes brittle. Could be down to a lot of things. Oil changes/manufacture defect/failed regens etc..

People have had just the seal changed and still the engine has blown up. (The bottom end goes) Not to scare monger you or anything just saying what I've seen.

It could also be the pump itself is knackered.

Various people have tried contacting VX about this but they don't want to know.

Comment

Moved to relevant section
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hello guys,
            My Vauxhall insignia has being throwing up low oil pressure when the engine has been left sat for hours usually overnight.
            I have been reading online and have seen on YouTube that changing the sum gasket seal usually solves the problem.

I have taken my car to mechanic for the change. But one thing I wanted to ask is has anyone seen this warning repeat after getting it done?
            I was having this on cold mornings, I started by changing the oil and filter and replacing the sump plug. And it hasn't happened since, no matter how cold the weather
            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

What's the mileage on the car---Dave

Comment

Hello guys,

I had mine replaced around the 140k mark (I'd have to check exact mileage: just did 143k). Got the message once on a frosty night after being parked up for 2 days. Had car towed the next morning. Never saw the message before nor after. Serviced every 18k with genuine parts, bar the oil which is stupid price, I used Mobil1 Dexos2 0W40.

Comment

Oil pick up pipe seal is sucking in air rather than oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X