2.0 cdti 160 induction kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 cdti 160 induction kit

Do the 2.0 cdti engines like induction kits or is it better to play safe and fit a panel filter? just want to help her breath a bit better?

as long as you can get a cold air feed and heat shield you should be ok.

Panel filters available but induction kits harder to find so you may have to go down custom route with filter and piping

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
      as long as you can get a cold air feed and heat shield you should be ok.

Panel filters available but induction kits harder to find so you may have to go down custom route with filter and piping
      thanks, sounds like a project. onwards then..

Comment

Originally posted by gooba View Post
        Cold air feed not really necessary - The inter-cooler will take care of that on a turbo engine car

I have a cone on mine and notice no difference other than sound. Sounds louder on startup but that's negated by the wastegate dump when letting off <3

Comment

Originally posted by gooba View Post
          What do you want to achieve? If it's more power, this won't bring you much. The engine electronics control how much fuel is injected. The turbo is able to pump in much more air then needed, this isn't limited by the air intake.

Comment

Cooler air = denser air thus a more complete burn .
            To achieve that you do have to draw air from a cold air source i.e. Lower dawn and towards the front of the car ( i.e. Positive air )
            Drawing it from under the bonnet via a cone filter will not achieve the right amount of denser air .
            But to achieve the latter you require a lot of ducting which is a fiddle .
            Butt , hirsch use to do a modified air box which had large holes under the air filter towards the inner wing and smaller holes around the front part of it , that use to improve performance slightly.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

just want to make her breathe a bit better realy. first diesel ive ever owned, so just basing my thoughts on the petrol turbo cars ive had/got.

Comment

Working...
              X