Auto dim door mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto dim door mirror

I have the driver door mirror that dims just like the rear view mirror and I can't get on with it, absolutely hate it when in fast moving traffic in dark, with out just getting std replacement is there any other option to switch this off, I don't mind the rear view mirror dimming but not the door.

Hi ade555,mines the same,what if you replaced the glass for just heated and folding?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
      I have the driver door mirror that dims just like the rear view mirror and I can't get on with it, absolutely hate it when in fast moving traffic in dark, with out just getting std replacement is there any other option to switch this off, I don't mind the rear view mirror dimming but not the door.
      Caveman option, locate wire, remove it. If you don't mind taking it apart
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Well my mirrors are power fold, thinking about trying to locate wire and just remove it from plug, notice if I place my hand behind rear view mirror it stops the dimming worse case scenario new heated glass will be fitted, is just point blank stupid you can't see cars in you side mirrors at night just pair of headlights and is difficult to judge if you have space to pull out or you going to cut someone up well that's my excuse [emoji16]

Comment

It is frustrating, my old Saab had auto dimming interior and driver mirrors, but I could turn them off easily enough. Was in the dash settings
          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
            It is frustrating, my old Saab had auto dimming interior and driver mirrors, but I could turn them off easily enough. Was in the dash settings
            I can't find any setting in intallink on this insignia, so might have to take drastic action tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
              I can't find any setting in intallink on this insignia, so might have to take drastic action tomorrow.
              It's the sort of setting that used to reset itself every now and then anyway. At least drastic action is permanent haha

Comment

Working...
              X