Emissions fault on sensor
      Most uncomfortable ride ever
      The power was shocking
      MPG never went over 22
      The floor rotted through
      Electric windows failed when it was freezing
      Wind noise was so annoying going over 50mph

So yeah the thing was shocking!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
      Agree there having owned the X3 for 6 months, Horrible car, 50 mile and ready to get out it was that hard a ride, I dont see why anyone would want BMW's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
        530D the worst car Iv ever had!!

Cut out in the rain
        Went into limp mode going up hill
        Gearbox fault
        Emissions fault on sensor
        Most uncomfortable ride ever
        The power was shocking
        MPG never went over 22
        The floor rotted through
        Electric windows failed when it was freezing
        Wind noise was so annoying going over 50mph

So yeah the thing was shocking!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
        That's a 520d M Sport Touring.

Comment

Worst car I had the pleasure of owning for 48hrs, a Morris Ital. Why in Gods name was the radio facing the passenger? I knew I was doomed when the pass side front window dropped down while driving back in the rain up the A1. After painting most of it with grey primer to hide the rust my mate thought it looked cool and bought it for what I paid for it, thank God!

Comment

most expensive: Black Vectra SRI 2.2i direct - cost over £3000 in repairs in 18 months - my first ever VX

most unreliable: Lancia Dedra - rainwater used to pass into the engine compartment and drown the spark plugs, couldn't fix it. Great when the sun was out, lovely car and drive, but no good in the rain, so this one has to be the winner. Loved all my crs though
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2915[/ATTACH]
              This little nugget
              For those not old enough, this is a DAF 66 with the vairomatic gearbox
              Basically 2 large rubber bands for transmission.
              Best part about it , it had a webasto roof
              Worst things engine made by singer the sewing machine manufacturer.
              Steering wheel the size of a ship steering wheel and the road holding of one to boot .
              And of course the vairomatic rubber bands
              And I remember the starter solinoid which was supposed to stop you staring it in park or reverse did not work
              So I ended up driving it into the garage door at home best thing for it !
              I don't think you can call that car bad, as it still seems to be running. It's even got a new owner last Friday, and is still road legal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                I don't think you can call that car bad, as it still seems to be running. It's even got a new owner last Friday, and is still road legal!
                That was a library image ,
                I had that car before the invention of digital cameras and such like .
                To drive it you would of called it bad !

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

One fun fact of the variomatic gearbox was that you could drive backwards the same speed as forwards. In the Netherlands, they've ruined a lot of those cars during achteruitrijraces. But indeed, not the best cars.

Comment

Used the same transmission in the Volvo 340 range .
                    Use to work on those . changing the drive belts .all it really was .a very large G clamp type contraption and a and wedge and a feeler gauge .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ford c max 1.6 tdci
                      I'm convinced ford does really stand for
                      Fix
                      Or
                      Repair
                      Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                        Ford c max 1.6 tdci
                        I'm convinced ford does really stand for
                        Fix
                        Or
                        Repair
                        Daily
                        Lol, I came from a cmax 1.8tdci to an insignia a few months back. Hated that car! It ran so rough! Didn’t have any reliability issues in my time of owning it though, put 25k on it, but never really fully trusted it!

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
                          Lol, I came from a cmax 1.8tdci to an insignia a few months back. Hated that car! It ran so rough! Didn’t have any reliability issues in my time of owning it though, put 25k on it, but never really fully trusted it!
                          1.8 tdci is ment to be the better engine out of 1.6 and 2.0.
                          We still have ours but will be getting sold soon.
                          Don't get me wrong very practical car but feels extremely cheap made. Also inside hasn't aged well looks really dated. Uncomfortable seats as well, one thing I was impressed with was the size once the rear seats are removed.
                          Hate it in the wind or passing large trucks on the motorway quite unstable if you know what I mean.

Would never buy another one or any ford I think. Too much hassle with injectors, turbo's, dpf's and on the 1.6 the fuel filter's are garbage and a pain in the .... To change as they don't bleed very well

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                            1.8 tdci is ment to be the better engine out of 1.6 and 2.0.
                            We still have ours but will be getting sold soon.
                            Don't get me wrong very practical car but feels extremely cheap made. Also inside hasn't aged well looks really dated. Uncomfortable seats as well, one thing I was impressed with was the size once the rear seats are removed.
                            Hate it in the wind or passing large trucks on the motorway quite unstable if you know what I mean.

Would never buy another one or any ford I think. Too much hassle with injectors, turbo's, dpf's and on the 1.6 the fuel filter's are garbage and a pain in the .... To change as they don't bleed very well
                            You’re spot on with everything you’re saying. From what I hear, the 1.8 is the only ford designed engine from the diesel range, she pulled okay though. Got a shock when the cam belt needed replacing, turned out it has some kind of dual wet belt system which cost a fortune to do!

Comment

I had a 2002 renault laguna ide, OMG it was crap. Seats were really comfortable and thats where it stopped. The engine had a high pressure fuel regulator that kept failing, the part was in short supply and cost ££. Car would then just say out load “fuel
                              Injection fault” and turn off ! Happening on the M1 in the outside lane was well brown pants time no brakes or steering [emoji88]

There was always other faults happening and these cars verbally tell you about the fault, so I ripped the speaker out. Spent £1000s on it! Bad idea. Scrapped it and bought Unilaterals old mongayo off him ! Loved that.
                              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
                                You’re spot on with everything you’re saying. From what I hear, the 1.8 is the only ford designed engine from the diesel range, she pulled okay though. Got a shock when the cam belt needed replacing, turned out it has some kind of dual wet belt system which cost a fortune to do!
                                Yeah that's correct duel belts one wet and the other dry. It replaced the chain in 2008 I believe.
                                Renault Clio I have has a pricey belt change to I believe around £600. I do my own belts etc that way I know it's done correctly. Forums like these are amazing as there is a lot of knowledge available if unsure about certain things. Im now a member on here and like to help others if I can. Still trying to work the site out on my phone so once I get the hang of it I will pop into other people's threads and offer some help if I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X