No announcement yet.

Worst car you've ever owned and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the S reg 2.5l V6 Vectra B I bought for £500 as a cheap runabout. It always overheated, chucked oil from everywhere, drivers window wouldn't stay shut etc etc etc.
    Spent more time on drive behind gates than old the road, then scrapped it [emoji23]

And considering u owned a skoda rapide with full body kit all in white with black wheels .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hands down it was the BMW 1 series - 45k miles. Absolute pile of expensive, over-engineered garbage.

First week I got it, it goes into limp mode and would continue going into limp mode whenever it felt like it. The buying garage were terrible until I called trading standards. It went into the garage 8 times, changing cam chain, cam sensors, crank shaft, cam adjusters. Eventually it had to go to BMW 4 more times to try and solve the issue.
      This took months and would've went into the £1000s if I didn't push hard against the garage I bought it from to cover the out of warranty costs!
      During these trying months, the window motor stopped working, thank god for warranty covering the £300 it cost!
      Then some a**hole smashed my wing mirror off (not BMW's fault there), but trying to charge me £250 plus VAT and labour to fix it was my limit. And here's the kicker, that was only for the part that fixes to the window and not even the wing mirror itself! Needless to say I went to the scrap yard and did it myself for £50.

Other rubbish points:
      • Fuel economy awful
      • Drive is incredible dull and heavy
      • Run flat tyres - they give the most uncomfortable drive
      • Expensive consumables
      • Not the quality they once were

Good points:
      • BMW valet the whole car every time you take it in.
      • Value retention. I sold it 2 years later for just £200 less than what I paid for it.
      • The alloys were nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180415_083303.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	246725
      GOOD RIDDANCE!

(Sorry for the rant)

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
        Hands down it was the BMW 1 series - 45k miles. Absolute pile of expensive, over-engineered garbage.

First week I got it, it goes into limp mode and would continue going into limp mode whenever it felt like it. The buying garage were terrible until I called trading standards. It went into the garage 8 times, changing cam chain, cam sensors, crank shaft, cam adjusters. Eventually it had to go to BMW 4 more times to try and solve the issue.
        This took months and would've went into the £1000s if I didn't push hard against the garage I bought it from to cover the out of warranty costs!
        During these trying months, the window motor stopped working, thank god for warranty covering the £300 it cost!
        Then some a**hole smashed my wing mirror off (not BMW's fault there), but trying to charge me £250 plus VAT and labour to fix it was my limit. And here's the kicker, that was only for the part that fixes to the window and not even the wing mirror itself! Needless to say I went to the scrap yard and did it myself for £50.

Other rubbish points:
        • Fuel economy awful
        • Drive is incredible dull and heavy
        • Run flat tyres - they give the most uncomfortable drive
        • Expensive consumables
        • Not the quality they once were

Good points:
        • BMW valet the whole car every time you take it in.
        • Value retention. I sold it 2 years later for just £200 less than what I paid for it.
        • The alloys were nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5238[/ATTACH]
        GOOD RIDDANCE!

(Sorry for the rant)
        Impossible! This doesn't happen to 'premium' brands??

Comment

Of course it doesn't... cam CHAINS always need replacing at 45k miles. Everyone knows that haha

Comment

Working...
          X