Worst car you've ever owned and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
    Yeah that's correct duel belts one wet and the other dry. It replaced the chain in 2008 I believe.
    Renault Clio I have has a pricey belt change to I believe around £600. I do my own belts etc that way I know it's done correctly. Forums like these are amazing as there is a lot of knowledge available if unsure about certain things. Im now a member on here and like to help others if I can. Still trying to work the site out on my phone so once I get the hang of it I will pop into other people's threads and offer some help if I can.
    Someone on here suggested I use the Tapatalk app, best way to use it on your phone for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
      Someone on here suggested I use the Tapatalk app, best way to use it on your phone for sure..
      I've just worked out at the bottom you can get full site

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
        I've just worked out at the bottom you can get full site
        Yeah that's what I do, got to zoom in quite a lot to get the tiny buttons but you get used to it!
        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I had a 1.8 TDCI engine in a 2008 Mondeo Titanium X. Loved the car but the engine was awful. I should have went for a lower spec Titanium with a 2.0 TDCI engine instead.
          It started to got through injectors at 86k miles. First one was 2 days before Christmas 70 miles from home. A few months later it broke down on the Edinburgh City Bypass with another away.

I asked the Ford garage should I replace them all, the advice I was given was to get rid of the car as it was a known issue with the 1.8. As it turned out there was another 1.8 Mondeo in for its second set of injectors when I was there, so that was the decision made.

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
            I had a 1.8 TDCI engine in a 2008 Mondeo Titanium X. Loved the car but the engine was awful. I should have went for a lower spec Titanium with a 2.0 TDCI engine instead.
            It started to got through injectors at 86k miles. First one was 2 days before Christmas 70 miles from home. A few months later it broke down on the Edinburgh City Bypass with another away.

I asked the Ford garage should I replace them all, the advice I was given was to get rid of the car as it was a known issue with the 1.8. As it turned out there was another 1.8 Mondeo in for its second set of injectors when I was there, so that was the decision made.
            Most garages just replace injectors when it's only the seals that have went.

I give an extra 5nm when tightening injector clamps.

Also give them a leak down test as they are pricey items to replace.

Last one's I done only needed seals but to replace injectors where 150 a pop.

Comment

MG ZTT by far worst car by a running mile. Spent so much money on new parts and time consumed on that car and still didn’t want to run properly. Last nerve was after I changed head gasket 200 mile later shopping in town didn’t want to start so went to pull bonnet cable and it snapped. Needless to say at that moment I snapped also managed to drive it back and sold the bag of $###.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                Daewoo Espero 1.8. Basically a mk2 Cavalier with different body and interior. A pig of a car, it was only 5 years old when I got rid, and it had practically disintegrated - the seat runners had failed, doors didn't shut properly, weird intermittent warning lights on the dash, an altogether 'orrible motor!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2887[/ATTACH]
                'Espero' in Spanish means ' I hope' ......says it all really. Just like 'Pajero'(as in Mitsubishi Pajero) in Spanish means 'w@nker' LOL

Comment

Lada riva back in around 89' had to get a spare carburetor cos needed cleaning & swapping around every 2 weeks haha

Comment

1.8 Cavalier, omg, fast as hell but to steer it you needed to be clairvoyant.

T reg Renault Megane 1.6l with the power of a lawnmower, electric windows that worked when they felt like it, steering that felt more wooly than a field of sheep.

1.6 twinsport ? Astra, hated hills, interior plastics made from recycled dustbins I think.

Comment

I've not owned any *bad* cars, I have a knack for buying them

I did own a 2 litre beetle though, that thing went like a rocket and scared the beejeebus out of me

Comment

Mmmmmm mine is a 1997 BMW 523i, it was probably the best and worse car I've ever owned!! when it was running,, and full of toys for that period, very comfy with the full leather, and the aircon and climate control were and still were the best I've ever had on any car since!! BUT ……………. this motor cost me a fortune in repairs, head cracked in 2 places, so new top end, traction control unit went tits up, the power steering pump knackered etc, every month something else! what finally topped it was a trip from my home in Southampton to visit my daughter up in Manchester, when I used over 5 litres of oil!!!! and 5 litres on the trip home!! nothing leaking, so the bottom end was knackered!!!! it even came back to haunt me when I got rid …….. when the police contacted me wanting to know who I sold it to, as it had been used in an armed robbery in Reading!!!!!

Comment

Just been sorting through a load of old photos, unearthed these:
                          Exhibit 1 - the only photo I have of my first car, a Ford Anglia 105E (sorry about the ugly bugger posing in front of it)
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Anglia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	244902
                          Exhibit 2 - my lovely Humber Sceptre

Name:	Humber Sceptre.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	244903
                          Exhibit 3, Cavalier MkII

Name:	Cavalier MkII.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	244904

None of them, though, match this abomination, a Daewoo Espero, what a heap of sh!t

Name:	Daewoo Espero.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	244905
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            You mollycoddled lot! You've nothing to complain about. I'd have loved that Chevrolet or Daewoo as my worst car.

Now this is worth complaining about. My 1974 Mini. Calling it basic is over rating it. It was sh!t with a capital S. Exhaust fumes entered the cab, the suspension was terrible and shook you to bits. The brakes were rubbish pulling to one side every time you braked and worst of all it didn't have a radio! But!...I was 19, it was my first car and I absolutely loved it!

So bloody easy to work on though

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                              Just been sorting through a load of old photos, unearthed these:
                              Exhibit 1 - the only photo I have of my first car, a Ford Anglia 105E (sorry about the ugly bugger posing in front of it)
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4227[/ATTACH]
                              Exhibit 2 - my lovely Humber Sceptre
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4228[/ATTACH]
                              Exhibit 3, Cavalier MkII
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4229[/ATTACH]

None of them, though, match this abomination, a Daewoo Espero, what a heap of sh!t
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4230[/ATTACH]
                              Pic 1

Was that you taking a break during the filming of Man about the House???

Comment

Originally posted by Madmax View Post
                                So bloody easy to work on though
                                Until you wanted to replace that little pipe at the front of the engine, between the water pump and the cylinder head.
                                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X