Facelift grille replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift grille replacement

Hello guys I'm back!! Irmscher Grille came today!! Feeling pessimistic about fitting after some of the troubles I've heard others going through 🤔 is there any how to guides possibly with photos that could help me through it any help will be greatly appreciated 👍🏻

All I'll say is make sure you got an old bit of carpet or old quilt to rest the front bumper on or you will end up scratching it.

Comment

Just get someone to help you fit it, it's not an easy job to do, plus if you can make some little wooden wedges that you would need to open the retaining clips on the tangs, you will see them once you have removed the bumper, - - - - - Dave

Comment

Where you located ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Where you located ?
          Bristol mate

Comment

Here's a picture of my bumper with Vx grille still fitted before I fitted mine. Once the bumper is off it's pretty simple and obvious what needs to be removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3052.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	244041
            2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
              Here's a picture of my bumper with Vx grille still fitted before I fitted mine. Once the bumper is off it's pretty simple and obvious what needs to be removed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2905[/ATTACH]
              It looks alot less daunting with the bumper off I must say!! One of my main concerns is getting the bumper back on clean properly in place without damaging it .. how did you find putting it back on? I've done my fair share of work on cars but never bodywork and never on anything this new and expensive so im probably just overthinking it .. thanks for the pic though mate reassured me a little 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                Just get someone to help you fit it, it's not an easy job to do, plus if you can make some little wooden wedges that you would need to open the retaining clips on the tangs, you will see them once you have removed the bumper, - - - - - Dave
                Appreciate the advice mate 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy91 View Post
                  It looks alot less daunting with the bumper off I must say!! One of my main concerns is getting the bumper back on clean properly in place without damaging it .. how did you find putting it back on? I've done my fair share of work on cars but never bodywork and never on anything this new and expensive so im probably just overthinking it .. thanks for the pic though mate reassured me a little ����
                  The bumpers are pretty flexible and the paint has plenty of elasticiser in it so don't worry. Remove all the bolts (including the two horizontals underneath) and with the help of a friend it's removed easily enough.
                  2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

As aitkenaj says.....best to remove the bumper.
                    By removing it, the air around you won't turn so blue

Comment

I recommend wedging matches in all of the clips around the grill, makes it much easier to pull the old one out. I did mine on my own and the hardest bit was removing the old grill. Bumper comes off a lot easier than it goes back on, probably want a second person for that, it get frustrating on your own!
                      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                        I recommend wedging matches in all of the clips around the grill, makes it much easier to pull the old one out. I did mine on my own and the hardest bit was removing the old grill. Bumper comes off a lot easier than it goes back on, probably want a second person for that, it get frustrating on your own!
                        Top man 👍🏻 yeah getting it back on is the bit I'm most worried about mate dont want it to sit wrong and leave gaps in the bodywork!! Think il be getting a mate to give me a hand how long did it take you start to finish?

Comment

Top man ���� yeah getting it back on is the bit I'm most worried about mate dont want it to sit wrong and leave gaps in the bodywork!! Think il be getting a mate to give me a hand how long did it take you start to finish?
                          Getting it on is far far easier than removing it.
                          I took mine off to repair and paint my bumper.....and I had to be mega careful as the same one was going back on.

Took half the time to fit it than it did to remove it

Comment

Top man ���� yeah getting it back on is the bit I'm most worried about mate dont want it to sit wrong and leave gaps in the bodywork!! Think il be getting a mate to give me a hand how long did it take you start to finish?
                            An hour after work on my own, and with figuring out how to hold all the clips back! With previous knowledge and an extra pair of hands you should have it done in under an hour easy
                            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                            X