Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil changes using pump

Good morning everyone,

I hope that this question hasn't been asked before, is it has please excuse me..

Has anyone used a pump to remove the oil from the engine on a change as opposed to using the drain plug in the bottom of the engine,

Did it work okay?

Many thanks in advance for your replies

Matt
    Last edited by madmatt1009; 07-12-2019, 11:53 AM. Reason: lousy spelling

I've use one on an engine in a boat, it is fitted low down, not enough room to put a drain pan under the sump, it was a hand pump takes ages. I think you can bye 12 volt ones. Just seems an extra spend, that's not really necessary.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Thanks for your reply Dave71, the reason for asking is that where I live there isn't really the space/safety to be working under a car

I've seen a 12v pump in Lidl for £12.99 and wanted to investigate the feasibility of using it

Comment

Originally posted by madmatt1009 View Post
        Thanks for your reply Dave71, the reason for asking is that where I live there isn't really the space/safety to be working under a car

I've seen a 12v pump in Lidl for £12.99 and wanted to investigate the feasibility of using it
        I know one of the guys on the Vectra C forum that swears by his, so they can't be that bad.

Comment

I have one that I got from Lidl and it works fine----I used to change the oil on the Vectra I had with it----have used it in my Insignia if I just wanted to change the oil and not the filter-----quite quick at taking most of the oil out of the sump but won't empty it out altogether----best removing the sump plug for that---I do regular oil and filter changes on my cars---its something that I have always done------Dave

Comment

My mate uses this type,swears by it:

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I’ve got one I used it on my old car it’s a great item to have and so easy what oil you get out put exactly the same back in as sometimes it does get all the oil out this is so you don’t over fill the oil
              Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X