Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990's and 2000's cars that going the way of the dodo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990's and 2000's cars that going the way of the dodo?

When was the last time you saw an Omega? Can't remember? Well, I can't blame you, since there are only 3,264 Omegas left.

1995-2002 Vectra? Don't remember, either? Well, I don't have the numbers for that, but there are less than 100,000 Vectras on the road. 95,325 Vectras to be precise and the majority of them are 2002-2008 model.

So can you think of other popular cars from the 1990's and 2000's that are vanishing? I don't remember the last time I saw a Mk2 Mondeo either.

My neighbour's got an omega. Keeps on top of as well.. Also passed an old 91 Cavalier earlier.

Comment

I had a double take on Duke Street, Glasgow last week.
      Metallic grey 3.2 on 02 plate.
      Absolutely stunning.....then a really really old man came out of Coia's cafe, got in and drove off.

The sound of it was amazing.....just a right lazy burble of the V6.

Makes me want one.....but not an auto, as this one was.

He probably had it since new

As for the Vectra B, there's a fair few I see around where I work.
      Oldest one is a maroon P reg from 1996, so it's an early one....again in really nice condition.

I had one of the really early Vectra B - N190 ALS in ceramic blue.....stunning car and a stunning colour.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191207_142520315.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	244044

Name:	IMG_20191207_142504274.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	244045

Comment

This one I had was a good motor:
          IMAG0079 by howard jones, on Flickr
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
            This one I had was a good motor:
            IMAG0079 by howard jones, on Flickr
            That's lovely.
            The B's were a really good car.

Name:	Just been polished _).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	244048
            This was 3rd B.....2nd was a kings blue 2.0DI

Comment

It's definitely been a while since I've seen a plastic Ka, but that's a good thing haha
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                That's lovely.
                The B's were a really good car.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2912[/ATTACH]
                This was 3rd B.....2nd was a kings blue 2.0DI
                My dad had one of these years back, one of my favourite cars he ever had, that and his MK1 A4. He hated cars though, his motorbike was always his pride and joy
                2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I had and if there was one in top condition at right price a Renault 25 did 140,000 mile (pushing it to just tad under 200,000) in mine.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0244.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	244050
                    Still got mine
                    And there's about 3-4 round my way
                    Ones disappearing
                    Volvo 440/460/480 the 440 turbo was a real sheep in wolfs clothing..i think they all got plagued with BCM meltdown original s/v40
                    Volvo 240 series

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

There's a reason I bought an Omega rather than a Vectra B. I like driving. 'Vectra' was not a drivers car.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                        There's a reason I bought an Omega rather than a Vectra B. I like driving. 'Vectra' was not a drivers car.
                        Is that a quote from Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

No (Schhhh its me Jeremy) its just personal preference. Rear drive was a bonus on that front. I've never owned a new car 'cause the mileage I do, and the models I'm interested in are beyond my salary. Next car wont be a Insignia, I'm disappointed to leave the brand but am going back to my first car Marque......

Comment

That reminds me of the time i used to borrow the volvo 345 (had it on and off for 6 weeks) while they tried to fix the Montego (what junk for a 30000 mile car) they never fixed it so i got fed up and purchased my 2nd Talbot Solara, Put about 100,000 mile on that (oil change 6000 mile) only thing i had to change was a drive shaft, but it was for its time f**king quick having 2 twin choke carbs feeding the fuel, Cracking car.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                              Yes agree with that, police used to love the Omega.

Comment

Working...
                              X