Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service your car soon every other 2 weeks or so

Hello got petrol insignia A20NHT
    I receive service your car soon message every other 2 weeks (no regular pattern)
    I got a cheap diagnostic scanner and it says P0171 lean fuel B1

The instantaneous fuel consumption at idle plays between 1.3 and 1.5 L/h
    Today I loosened the filler cap while engine is running and the instantaneous fuel consumption indicator dropped to 1.0 L/h and steady

One more thing, when I fill the tank the car feels jerky at idle for a few minutes then becomes normal

Kindly advise on what the problem might be

The OBDII trouble code P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1) means that the engine air-fuel mixture is too lean, or there is too much air and too little fuel. Driving a car with the code P0171 can cause more damage to the engine over time, as when the engine runs lean, the combustion temperature is higher.

Causes A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection Faulty or stuck open PCV valve Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!) Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor Possible Solutions A lot of times, cleaning the MAF sensor and finding/fixing vacuum leaks fix the problem. If you're on a tight budget, start there, but that may not be the fix for certain. So, possible solutions include: Clean the MAF sensor. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace/repair as required Inspect all hoses and connections in the air intake system Inspect and/or test the intake manifold gaskets for leakage Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure Ideally you'll want to monitor short and long term fuel trims using an advanced scan tool If you have access, you may want to run a smoke test

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0171
    Copyright OBD-Codes.com
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X