Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Starting to look around at tyres, still got 4mm on all four, but thought I'd get them out of the way start of next year

245 45 18

Looking at Landsails LS388 and 588.

388 around £67 fitted at Harfrauds.
    588 seem hard to get.

SuperFiremax FM601 245/45 R18 100 W ZR, XL

Read more: https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-detail...18_reviewslist
    The content above is the exclusive property of Oponeo.co.uk Ltd

Above don't seem bad, anyone had these?

Any other suggestions around £75 a corner, will be changing all 4.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

I used a guy in Italy for mine on eBay. Shipped over for peanuts. Called AGcompany-tyres. Mine were 120 a corner delivered but I was looking at £170-190 a corner everywhere else I was looking.

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

I've been looking for the same size.

Only done 10500 on continentals so not that impressed with them.

Had a chat with the tyre guys that look after our Van's and they have suggested

devanti dx640 £109 each.

The guy i spoke to said runs them on his own car which is a BMW.
      Van's booked in tomorrow for new front boots so will have a look and go from there.

Comment

MattG

When I had my Vectra, I fitted a set of these to it.
        I was so impressed with them, I posted on the Vectra C forum.
        Members who were in the market for new tyres went and purchased them too......their reaction was the same.......faultless.
        Would definitely buy again.

Then all of a sudden, you couldn't get them in 19's.
        But I hear there coming back and I'll definitely buy them if they appear in 19's.

Anyways.......have a look at the reviews mate...they might just be your answer.

Comment

Landsail 388: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Landsail/LS388-AS.htm
          Landsail 588: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/La.../LS588-UHP.htm

the 588 seems to get a lot of good reports from VX users, personally I moved to premium tyres a while ago as they work out (for me) so much cheaper in the long run. I was huge fan of Vredestein and Kumho tyres, excellent grip and handling etc, but found I'd only manage 10k miles on the fronts of a Vectra - and I'm no Ayerton Senna either. I was paying probably £135 per tyre for these, but when moving to Goodyear Assymentric, I manage 30k from the fronts by only spending £25 per tyre more.... but get 3x the life.

We all like different characteristics for tyres and they are a very personal choice, but I've tried lots and although I'm paying £185 for my 20" 255 tyres, they work best for me and also work out the cheapest.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            Landsail 388: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Landsail/LS388-AS.htm
            Landsail 588: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/La.../LS588-UHP.htm

the 588 seems to get a lot of good reports from VX users, personally I moved to premium tyres a while ago as they work out (for me) so much cheaper in the long run. I was huge fan of Vredestein and Kumho tyres, excellent grip and handling etc, but found I'd only manage 10k miles on the fronts of a Vectra - and I'm no Ayerton Senna either. I was paying probably £135 per tyre for these, but when moving to Goodyear Assymentric, I manage 30k from the fronts by only spending £25 per tyre more.... but get 3x the life.

We all like different characteristics for tyres and they are a very personal choice, but I've tried lots and although I'm paying £185 for my 20" 255 tyres, they work best for me and also work out the cheapest.
            That's a place in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              MattG

When I had my Vectra, I fitted a set of these to it.
              I was so impressed with them, I posted on the Vectra C forum.
              Members who were in the market for new tyres went and purchased them too......their reaction was the same.......faultless.
              Would definitely buy again.

Then all of a sudden, you couldn't get them in 19's.
              But I hear there coming back and I'll definitely buy them if they appear in 19's.

Anyways.......have a look at the reviews mate...they might just be your answer.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s315..._Noise%3A_72dB
              i will 2nd that ive been using the same tyres on my astra for years,had no issues either,bought 2 off ebay last week for 78 delivered,from a place called ctyres in bradford

Comment

I've just had two new ones on the front of my tourer, managed just over 30k on the original tyres it came with but and i've swapped to some Blacklion Champoint BU66 ones that were recommended by a local tyre place i use. Paid £70 each for them and they get good reviews on this tyre review site :-
                Will the Blacklion Champoint BU66 suit your car? Find the best tyre for your car read 21 reviews for the Blacklion Champoint BU66 and compare to other Economy Comfort tyres at tyre reviews

I've only had them a few weeks but initial thoughts are good especially bearing in mind some of weather i've had to go up and down the M1\A38 or over some back roads if i go a different way to work.

Comment

Working...
                X