Comparison with Skoda Superb and VW Passat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison with Skoda Superb and VW Passat

This is interesting, especially as they seem to be comparing the mid-range Insignia with the one above entry level Skoda, yet the prices are similar (?)

Would've thought a fairer comparison would be, say, the SE vs the SRi (NOT VX line), which would better illustrate the price differential.
    Last edited by PeteH; 08-12-2019, 11:36 PM.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Anyone fancy a 4x4 270bhp Octavia?

Someone need a lift to an airport?Not in this Skoda Superb. That’s what the diesel is for, sure – a Heathrow shuttle. But this is not the worthy 2.0 TDI – it’s the quick petrol one. All 270bhp of it.A Superb vRS? At last!

Comment

Not at £40k, thanks!
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yep its a lot for a Skoda but could be worth picking one up once someone else has forked out for it and then gets rid after not long. Think they do a similar Skoda Superb.

Comment

I think cost is the comparison. When they compared the the new 408 and Mazda, they were more contender for the VXLine, but ?I think the elite was used so the VX lost points on looks. The others had big nice wheels, where the VX had normal looking ones

Comment

In my little mind I still think comparison road test are a bit of fun for the tester , but if was in the market for a new car I would be straight down the dealer and asking for an extended road test as in the end it's a lot of my money to be spending on a whimsical road test .
            But about the comparison above the 2 up against the insignia are both from the same group of companies and by looks they do look a bit ugly and interior wise the same .
            The insignia stands out in my mind because it looks different and it dares to be different which thease days is nothing bad ,
            I never really liked the insignia B but compared to the VAG cars the insignia wins hands down
            Maybe nothing to do with the thread but I thaught I would put my ore in !
            Sorry Peter for spoiling your thread .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Quite the opposite, Lizzard-t, I don't think any thoughtful post 'spoils' a thread, and fully agree that a few hundred words can't replace a long term comparison.
              I've never really subscribed to the 'VW is great' school of thought, and have never understood why the Passat has never offered a hatch option (likewise the Jaguar XE, which has a body style perfectly suited to a hatch, and would have been in my shortlist had they offered that option).
              I really love the styling of the Insignia GS, and find the Skoda pretty ugly (I think it's the grille, reminiscent of the Kia style), but have never had the experience of owning a Skoda. From what I read, they seem to be popular and high in customer satisfaction, so maybe next time...?
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                In my little mind I still think comparison road test are a bit of fun for the tester , but if was in the market for a new car I would be straight down the dealer and asking for an extended road test as in the end it's a lot of my money to be spending on a whimsical road test .
                I agree but it is at the stealers discretion to offer extended test drives on new vehicles. Been down that route, no matter you buying new or used, they still offer that basic accompanied 30mins test drive unless you request for extended test drive. There should be an option on manufacturers website to request for extended test drive from your local stealer, if not they will source you from the next nearest dealer. And sometimes the dealer won't have that particular engine and trim in stock, as they only do 'retail cars', the one you look at is on Personal Lease which is class as business model even though available to private market. Very frustrating.

Comment

I went to look at one of those brand new superb its nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X