Reverse sensors Vs Camera in rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse sensors Vs Camera in rear view mirror

I collect my car today, very excited as never had an Insignia before. On my previous car I had parking assist. I really want something like this on the Insignia. It has Nav, so don't want to go down the route of reverse camera and dealing with the faff and cost of connecting to that.
    So, I could do reverse parking sensors such as these OR reverse camera for rear view mirror such as this or this which is wireless

So guys and gals.... I have no idea what to go for. I am not a "car" person so not fully clued up on how to install any of it, sure my husband can assist. Are the ones I've mentioned correct? Anyone got any experience of them or words of advice?

Originally posted by Tazzababe View Post
    I collect my car today, very excited as never had an Insignia before. On my previous car I had parking assist. I really want something like this on the Insignia. It has Nav, so don't want to go down the route of reverse camera and dealing with the faff and cost of connecting to that.
    So, I could do reverse parking sensors such as these OR reverse camera for rear view mirror such as this or this which is wireless

So guys and gals.... I have no idea what to go for. I am not a "car" person so not fully clued up on how to install any of it, sure my husband can assist. Are the ones I've mentioned correct? Anyone got any experience of them or words of advice?
    I've got the interior mirror with the camera.....cheap and nasty from fleabay.......best £15 ever

Comment

Great. Would you say wireless is best way to go? Having never installed something like this, I'm worried I may not be able to fix cables properly

Comment

Originally posted by Tazzababe View Post
        Great. Would you say wireless is best way to go? Having never installed something like this, I'm worried I may not be able to fix cables properly
        Getting the cables to where the camera needs to be on the hatchback is a royal pain. I used to have one of the cheap rear view cameras, really cheap worked perfectly. Stopped working after a year or so and never bothered again. The wireless ones look OK but more expensive and you have more bulk to hide away than just a single cable to front of the car and a power cable to the reverse light.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
        X