Poor sitIng of fog lamp switches on GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor sitIng of fog lamp switches on GS

With the recent delightful (!) Pennines weather, I've found the need to use my front and rear fog lights a fair bit recently. And what a bloody stupid place to put the switches - they're totally obscured by the steering wheel, meaning that your groping around for them whilst, by definition, driving in poor visibility. I would have thought that in these days of 3d visualisation something like this would have been picked up early in the design process. Anyone else find this annoying?
    Last edited by PeteH; 10-12-2019, 06:40 PM.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Can't say I've had any issues finding them. I've only used them a few times though and I think I was still on the driveway when I turned them on.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah, the problem comes when you encounter patchy fog on a straight section of road, the right 'spoke' of the wheel totally obscures the switches, first time it happened I had to slow right down and steer slightly left so I could see where the switches were. Trouble is, as you say, they aren't switches you often use, so when you need them in a hurry they can be a bugger to find.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
      X