No announcement yet.

End of the line for the Insignia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoevolution say's at bottom,Last year in Europe only 67,400 sales half the volume from 2009
    This is good news for Insignia fans, as Peugeot isn't pulling the plug, even though sedan sales in Europe are on the decline

Autoexpress says very slow sales, 2022 Insignia to look more like SUV

Der neue #Opel #Insignia kommt ab 2022 mit der neuen PSA-Technik auf unsere Straßen. Wie der Mittelklassewagen aussehen könnte, zeigt AUTO BILD im Video!Mehr...

Comment

I think the next generation Insignia will become one of those "coupé SUV" things like the BMW X4 and it will have a fully electric and plug-in hybrid version and all-wheel-drive available.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
        In that video they still showing the tourer version, is that correct? they done facelift model and that would be the last production of it? I was under the impression they stopped producing them full stop.
        I'm sure it's only UK and Ireland that are just not getting it, not that production has stopped, unless I've read it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
          I'm sure it's only UK and Ireland that are just not getting it, not that production has stopped, unless I've read it wrong
          Yep, still continuing as Opel. Has all to do with poor sales, like the 2.0T, petrol GSI and 1.6T, none of which were offered for long. FWIW, IMO the facelift GS hatchback is not really any improvement on the original, and reputedly has more to do with aligning it more with PSA design language, as evidenced on the new Corsa.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
            Yep, still continuing as Opel. Has all to do with poor sales, like the 2.0T, petrol GSI and 1.6T, none of which were offered for long. FWIW, IMO the facelift GS hatchback is not really any improvement on the original, and reputedly has more to do with aligning it more with PSA design language, as evidenced on the new Corsa.
            only the front end seems to have been given a very minor front end lift, unlike the Facelift A which was a vast improvement on the pre-face.

Comment

Working...
            X