reset trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reset trip

Can anyone tell me how to reset the average mpg display on a 2018 (68 reg) insignia sport tourer. I have tried everything and can't find anything in the manual about it. I have tried pushing the button at the end of the indicator stalk - nothing. I have tried all combinations on the steering wheel to no avail. I can reset the A & B trip but not the average MPG

Simon

I would imagine it's the same as the Insignia A.
    Press the r/h arrow on the steering wheel controls and the reset will appear........then press ok.

Comment

On my 'A' the average resets to a high figure then drops as I drive or increases as the case may be.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by simon123 View Post
        Can anyone tell me how to reset the average mpg display on a 2018 (68 reg) insignia sport tourer. I have tried everything and can't find anything in the manual about it. I have tried pushing the button at the end of the indicator stalk - nothing. I have tried all combinations on the steering wheel to no avail. I can reset the A & B trip but not the average MPG

Simon
        On my old preface tourer you went to the average MPG screen and then held the button in on the end of the stalk and it reset to about 36mpg i think it was and started from there adjusting accordingly. On my new GS Tourer the overall MPG is included on the two Trip A and Trip B displays and again you hold the button in on the end of the stalk and it resets the trip counter to 0 miles and the average MPG to about 35/36 i think it is. I never use Trip B really but always reset Trip A when i fill up.

Comment

On mine I just do right arrow on the selected trip display and select reset, and it rests all the stats for that trip display.

I do find on mine the average MPG inaccurate, as mine is always approx 4-5 mpg more that the car actually does on a tank of fuel.

Do you have a colour or black and white display?

Comment

I have a colour display. I can reset the miles on the A and B displays by pressing the right arrow and then reset, but that doesn't work for the overall average MPG or the MPG on the A & B displays. Interesting that Bransol's resets to about 36 and takes it from there. Maybe I can't reset it to 0 anyway!

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by simon123 View Post
              I have a colour display. I can reset the miles on the A and B displays by pressing the right arrow and then reset, but that doesn't work for the overall average MPG or the MPG on the A & B displays. Interesting that Bransol's resets to about 36 and takes it from there. Maybe I can't reset it to 0 anyway!

Simon
              It never resets to 0mpg, it only resets to, i think, 36mpg and then works from that as a starting figure going down or up as you drive and settling off. Both my Insignias have done that.

Comment

Just checked and mine does reset to 35.9, never noticed before, maybe this is why my average MPG is always out.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  It never resets to 0mpg, it only resets to, i think, 36mpg and then works from that as a starting figure going down or up as you drive and settling off. Both my Insignias have done that.
                  That's it,I couldn't remember the 36mpg!
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                  X