No announcement yet.

Temporary Christmas & New Year Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the issue is that if vauxhall fo anything for me they open themselves up to doing the same for the other 1200+ affected users of which I suspect many are private owners if word gets around about it.

Escalating seemed to be phone call only at present and still not spoken to anyone in the uk other than via twitter as they spout all sorts about what will and won’t happen when they escalate.

Now been told the dealership won’t deliver the car back in the current circumstances as they don’t have the staff to do it which i can understand and insist I have to fetch it myself which won’t be happening any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bransoj View Post
      I think the issue is that if vauxhall fo anything for me they open themselves up to doing the same for the other 1200+ affected users of which I suspect many are private owners if word gets around about it.
      Does that strike you as in line with their efforts so far? I'd expect the opposite to be true: you could win a slam dunk and it wouldn't change a thing for anyone else.

Escalating seemed to be phone call only at present
      Don't let them try that one. If they won't escalate t on request, time to start with CEO email addresses etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
        Does that strike you as in line with their efforts so far? I'd expect the opposite to be true: you could win a slam dunk and it wouldn't change a thing for anyone else.

Don't let them try that one. If they won't escalate t on request, time to start with CEO email addresses etc.
        I've no idea to be honest and i'm amazed that if my experience is like anyone elses that this hasnt made the motoring press to be honest. Aside from the dealer i was in contact a bit with a guy who was higher up in Pentagon that my uncle knew from his Vauxhall dealership days. He had a mate that was in the same boat but his car was in a dealership in Sheffield, it had gone in 3 weeks before mine, he was stuck in a Corsa hire car rather than anything remotely similar to an Insignia and last i heard just before mine was fixed he was still waiting for his to be fixed as well.

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern now as i need to get the car back and see what sort of state they are planning on giving it back to me in. If it comes back in less than pristine condition its another stick to beat them all with. Dealership, understandibly in the current situation, dont have the staff to deliver it to me from Derby to Chesterfield and i've told them i dont see it as an essential trip when we're in the middle of a three week government enforced lockdown.

I will do some investigating for email addresses to contact to escalate outside of the usual Vauxhall stuff and see what i turn up.

Comment

• Another twist in the tail today, with the loosening of the lockdown I arranged to collect the car. I called them back end of last week only to find they are only open 8 til 5 Monday to Friday so I managed to arrange to finish work early today to fetch it. Get to pentagon to find the car in the car park with bird poo on the bonnet, a covering of dust and it’s not been touched inside.

Not allowed in the building to collect it and want to post keys out at me but I advised I wasn’t happy so then service manager comes out. A socially distant “chat” ensues where again he whittles on that the part was out of their hands etc and I said I didn’t care about that anymore and to be honest they were right it wasn’t. Turns out they don’t clean inside even if they’ve had your car for months and it was cleaned in March when it was sorted but not since, wasn’t their issue that I didn’t fetch it during the more severe lockdown as I’d not classed it as an essential journey. Was quite at pains to keep telling me it was the last of the 50/60 cars they had to be collected. I asked how many were having to make a 40 mile trip to fetch it!

I told them I understood the part was out of their hands but at the very least I expected a clean car on collection after 162 days of not having it, took them 99 days to fix it. I also mentioned the last fiasco where it was filthy, smelly, unlocked with a flat battery when I fetched some stuff from it.

In the end he has begrudgingly agreed to get it fully valeted next week and arrange to deliver it but I have said I’m going to have the car checked over as I have concerns about the long term impact of an only just 2yr old car having sat for so long including a battery that has gone flat twice!

We shall see what next week brings!

Comment

• I’d refuse the car and make them buy it back they’ve had it that long

Comment

• 166 days since i left the house to drop the car in Derby on my to work my car is finally back outside my house.....

Comment

• Finally...everything ok ?
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  Finally...everything ok ?
                  Not driven it myself as yet as they have delivered it back but its clean and by all accounts the throttle pedal is fixed. Need to pop out tomorrow so will see what its like then.

Comment

Working...
                  X