Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Christmas & New Year Car!

Seems i'm Insignia'less until the new year and stuck in this for a while :-

About three weeks ago i was plodding down the A38 to work and it dropped into limp mode. Managed to get to somewhere, restarted and it came out but i got my uncle to take a look and it came up with a code relating to an iffy throttle position sensor. He spoke to someone he knows at Pentagon and turns out there is a known issue with the throttle pedal. Booked into Pentagon Derby for repair but the first day they could get it in and give me a courtesy car so i made do for a couple of weeks and dropped it off today. Could go a few days without it happening then it would occasionally do it and didnt seem to matter if you were doing 70mph cruising down the a38\m1 or knocking around town at 30mph. Restarting always cleared it sometimes clearing the EML light on the dash aswell.

Dropped it off this morning and ended up in a little Corsa to get to work from there but was warned part was on back order if it was the replacement pedal job. Got a call saying it was so they arranged a hire car and just been to swap from the Corsa to the Mokka and when i enquired how long it could be they said it could well be the new year. Apparently currently 900 cars needing the replacement throttle pedal as it stands!! Lady on the service desk did say however i would probably get prioritised due t to the fact they are forking out for the hire car for me.

The Mokka seems ok in the little drive i've done so far but doesnt have the winter pack my GS does and its not a good time of year to lose that. Different being sat higher up though.

Hope its sorted quick.and at least your cars not out and about in this weather

Comment

Originally posted by andy66 View Post
      Hope its sorted quick.and at least your cars not out and about in this weather
      Will save a few miles on my car in that time as well on the crap weather roads. Just driven it 30 or so miles home and it’s not that bad to be honest. Think it’s the 1.4 turbo engine in there.

Comment

The wheels are straight out of the Chevy Cruze.

Comment

Slight Vauxhall quirk...on my GS the button for turning the Autostop function on and off has the light lit up, i think, when you press it to turn the function off whilst on this Mokka X it seems that the light is on when the system is on. That said i'm not using it as much as i do in the GS as the Mokka has an old fashioned proper hand brake which is a bit fiddly to use as the button to release it is on top of the handbrake so its a bit weird to hold it plus if you have the drivers seat arm rest down its difficult to get to the handbrake at all.

Comment

Good luck with getting your car sorted as soon as, on the bright side last time my car was in they gave me this monstrosity to drive! Sadly not the Bora sleeper in the background Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191205_153054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	244086
            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
              Good luck with getting your car sorted as soon as, on the bright side last time my car was in they gave me this monstrosity to drive! Sadly not the Bora sleeper in the background [ATTACH=CONFIG]2962[/ATTACH]
              Is that Bora the VR6? 1.8T?

Comment

Originally posted by StartUpTheRotors View Post
                Is that Bora the VR6? 1.8T?
                It's the 1.9 TDI, that one there is 280bhp 500nm torque. It's my friends, really fun to drive!
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                  It's the 1.9 TDI, that one there is 280bhp 500nm torque. It's my friends, really fun to drive!
                  I may have said that people like angry looking cars, but in reality I'm sucker for discreet looking cars with yuge power underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by StartUpTheRotors View Post
                    I may have said that people like angry looking cars, but in reality I'm sucker for discreet looking cars with yuge power underneath.
                    I like a balance of both haha

Comment

No sign of a replacement part as yet so still driving the Mokka and fast deciding it’s crap! Best update I can get is “early Jan” for the parts arriving.

Comment

5 weeks and one day since I dropped the car at the dealer and still waiting. Rang earlier this week to be told parts had arrived for other models with the same issue but not mine. Still driving the Mokka which I’ve now decided is bloody awful and by all accounts my car is stuffed in a compound somewhere til the parts arrive. Been told I might get it back next week but sounded a bit like telling me something to get me off the phone as much as likely to happen.

Comment

Well latest is its looking like i might get the car back mid Feb but no guarantees, apparently 1200+ parts on back order across the country for the same part as that many cars having the same issue. I've finally broken and the hire car is getting swapped as the Mokka is crap so will see what i get on Friday when i pop to swap it. Apparently the dealership requested a standard sized car but i was given the Mokka from a lower grade instead so they've had Vauxhall paying for the wrong size car.

Looks like thats the group they have the Insignia in but it also includes the DS7, Passat, Skoda Superb, Tiguan, Rav 4 along with estate versions of the Superb, Passat, Avensis and Kia Optima.

Comment

That's bad. But on the plus side you can try out some other brands and by the time you get your own car back it will be low miles!

I can see from this site it's a common problem but what were the symptoms?

Comment

The one positive about all this is that my car has been off the road for about 7 weeks currently and i'm adding top side of 300 miles a week in this crap weather on another car. I have to do 30ish miles each way to and from work in Derby plus whatever else i do at a weekend and things. Also got to go to Chester last weekend in a very nice specced up Passat with massive sunroof (not opened but plenty of light coming in) and a fancy all digital dash that you could change to various views. Sadly i didnt get to drive it as we borrowed it from the other halfs employer and i wasnt insured on it.

It goes into limp mode but at any sort of time, i've had it happen both travelling on the A38 at 70mph(ish) or just knocking around. It seemed to mainly do it if you were coasting or lifting off presumably as the sensor struggled to pick up the throttle position. That said i could sometimes go days without it happening or it would happen numerous times in one journey. If you switched the engine off and back on it cleared so i made do whilst i was waiting for it to go in but it did get annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X