Extremely poor Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely poor Mpg

Currently getting average of 29mpg in a 2.0 Turbo diesel automatic. Anyone else having similar? I’ve just bought it and it’s only done 7k miles so can’t imagine it’s really that bad on the fuel. Ps I drive like an old lady.

Car shows as “ Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 Turbo D BlueInjection Elite Nav Grand Sport Auto (s/s) 5dr (17 - on)”

Originally posted by Martin84 View Post
    Currently getting average of 29mpg in a 2.0 Turbo diesel automatic. Anyone else having similar? I’ve just bought it and it’s only done 7k miles so can’t imagine it’s really that bad on the fuel. Ps I drive like an old lady.

Car shows as “ Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 Turbo D BlueInjection Elite Nav Grand Sport Auto (s/s) 5dr (17 - on)”
    That's a bit much I think ,mine was hitting 37 mpg and that was with a pedal box fitted and in sport+ does it need a service ?

Comment

Yeah it does need a service, says 0% life left on oil. Getting a service next week. I didn’t see where to change the drive method. My old car was a Skoda and I always drove that on eco mode.

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
      That's a bit much I think ,mine was hitting 37 mpg and that was with a pedal box fitted and in sport+ does it need a service ?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin84 View Post
        Yeah it does need a service, says 0% life left on oil. Getting a service next week. I didn’t see where to change the drive method. My old car was a Skoda and I always drove that on eco mode.
        Sorry I should of said ,mine was manual, I'm sure there's a few on here with autos, this has been mentioned a few times

Comment

Read the above thread seems there are others in the same boat .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Do you drive like ‘ a old lady’ all the time,
            maybe Giving it a bit of a thrash down a quite mway ,diesels can get a little clogged up.
            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about it. Just fill it up when it needs and don’t spare the horses

Comment

round town my Auto is not that good but get it on good run (Worksop to Southampton then its up in high 40's (48,49)

Comment

As above 14 plate in auto round town 28-30 out and about 44-48, nothing to rave about been honest, pretty poor for diesel and last time I have seen decent MPG was in 1.9 cdti vectra, that car just run on air, welcome to modern diesel world

Comment

Working...
                  X