Can't get car into gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get car into gear.

On the way home from work yesterday I had to get through some water that had built up on the road. Got home parked up. Went to go out in the car today and I cant get the car into gear. Turned the car off and it goes straight in. The clutch peddle feels the same as before. Any advice on what it could be.

I previously had this issue with Astra and it was the csc had gone

Comment

Originally posted by GBW View Post
      On the way home from work yesterday I had to get through some water that had built up on the road. Got home parked up. Went to go out in the car today and I cant get the car into gear. Turned the car off and it goes straight in. The clutch peddle feels the same as before. Any advice on what it could be.
      I had exactly this problem in a mitsubishi l200. Went through really deep water and on the next use it would only go into gear with the engine off, in that case I'm afraid the clutch was gone, and got replaced
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

It's in the garage on Wednesday to get sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by GBW View Post
          It's in the garage on Wednesday to get sorted.
          Lets us know the outcome and what it was when it's done
          2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Will do. I've heard it could be the oil is to thick. The slave cylinder or it's just goosed.

Comment

Update. Went to tow it to the garage and it goes straight into gear. Works as it should now. Going to get the garage to check it over and change the oil.

Comment

Working...
              X