Boot lid leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot lid leak

Hi I have a 2016 insignia. After raining I have water lying on the ledge at the boot lock, just inside the seal. The carpet trim at the bottom of the boot lid is wet as well, any ideas where it could be coming from ??

Originally posted by John14 View Post
    Hi I have a 2016 insignia. After raining I have water lying on the ledge at the boot lock, just inside the seal. The carpet trim at the bottom of the boot lid is wet as well, any ideas where it could be coming from ??
    Probably around the hinge of the boot, I had the same and just filled it with silicone, not got back in since, if you look above your back door there is a little gap between the roof seal and boot seal, fill it in!
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

How would it get from there, down to the ledge without showing any where else. I was thinking it could be the rear wiper seal! No ?

Comment

Looking under my boot carpet looked a bit damp so ordered the clips to replace plastic at top of boot so wen I removed it I got this take it it ain't leaking here then
        siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Working...
        X