Problem with headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with headlights

I have a 2016 Vauxhall Insignia with halogen headlights the problem is its failed the mot on levelling switch not working for both headlights.

I have changed both headlight motors with no help.

I have check all the fuses for headlights everything seems fine but can’t find the fuse for the leveling motors.

I can't remember where the post is now but I'm sure another member had the same issue and it turned out the wiring was missing from factory. His local dealer had to add the wiring to get them working.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Interesting why would they miss out wiring 🤔 any fuses for the levelling motors?

Comment

I think it turned out to be 1 wire not connected in the right hole .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

If this turned out to be another wire case Vauxhall should do a recall unless they already done it

Comment

Thats interesting people are saying it could be a wiring issue. I have never used the headlight levelling switch and never will use it i only noticed it due to the mot fail. I noticed the car doesn’t have any levelling sensors on the suspension is that normal with halogen lights

Comment

Originally posted by Adamm View Post
              Thats interesting people are saying it could be a wiring issue. I have never used the headlight levelling switch and never will use it i only noticed it due to the mot fail. I noticed the car doesn’t have any levelling sensors on the suspension is that normal with halogen lights
              Only cars with automatic headlight levelling (all those with HID headlights, such as the Elite model) have the sensors & they don't have the levelling switch next to headlight switch.

Comment

i have the 2016 insignia 1.6 cdti should mine have it?

Comment

i have the 2016 insignia 1.6 cdti should mine have it?
                  If you have the levelling switch next to the headlight switch you won't have the levelling sensors on the suspension.

Comment

Ok that makes sense why I haven’t got the sensors does the levelling motors have a fuse or relay?

Comment

Ok that makes sense why I haven’t got the sensors does the levelling motors have a fuse or relay?
                      I've had a look at the fuses listed in the manual & there doesn't seem to be anything listed for the headlamp levelling.

As lizzard-t said, the issue someone else had was where 1 wire in the electrical connector was in the wrong place, once it was moved to the correct place in the connector the motor worked as it should, no cutting or rewiring was necessary. Apparently it was like it from the factory & the wire was identified by comparing the wiring with an identical car with working motors.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
                        I've had a look at the fuses listed in the manual & there doesn't seem to be anything listed for the headlamp levelling.

As lizzard-t said, the issue someone else had was where 1 wire in the electrical connector was in the wrong place, once it was moved to the correct place in the connector the motor worked as it should, no cutting or rewiring was necessary. Apparently it was like it from the factory & the wire was identified by comparing the wiring with an identical car with working motors.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the lights

Comment

Hi, I have a 2010 model that I just purchased with the same problem. It is my passenger side headlight levelling motor that does not work. I bought a new headlight thinking it was that but it is still the same. I wondered, did you ever find out what the problem was and did you resolve it?

Comment

As sure as eggs are eggs ,the original poster has kept the answer to himself, like its a trade secret.
                            this forum runs on us helping others and if our help ,helps that individual then it would be nice for them to share it with other like minded people.
                            Anyway I digress i will give him a shout to see if it did work.
                            Try this link ,because it answers the question about the levelling motor wiring

​​​​​​​If you are with a multimeter, you could trace the wiring near the headlight to see if you have power and grounds.

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              As sure as eggs are eggs ,the original poster has kept the answer to himself, like its a trade secret.
                              this forum runs on us helping others and if our help ,helps that individual then it would be nice for them to share it with other like minded people.
                              Anyway I digress i will give him a shout to see if it did work.
                              Try this link ,because it answers the question about the levelling motor wiring

If you are with a multimeter, you could trace the wiring near the headlight to see if you have power and grounds.
                              Thank you for your reply and link.

I bought a brand new headlight but the levelling motor still does not work. I am not confident or knowledgeable enough to check it all out with a multimeter. I have managed to find a mobile auto-electrician (rarer than hens teeth), who is supposed to be coming out to me today.

If he hopefully finds the problem, which going by many users on here, it is a wire in the wrong place, I will 100% report back here with the detailed findings and remedy so it could be used if others find they have the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X