Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID kit advice

Hi all.
    Firstly, apologies for another HID question. Ive read through quite a few threads looking for a recommendation, but tbh, im even more confused.
    My headlights are shocking. Looking to replace asap, and see loads of recommendations for HIDs, and heres where my confusion starts.

Ive got a 2015 (15 plate) 2.0d tourer. Is this insignia A or B? Or an A facelift?
    Are the lights on this reflectors or projectors?
    I think my bulds are 9012 halogens. I know the same bulb is used for main and high beam....ie, only 1 bulb.
    The reason im asking is that when i click on some of the recommendation links, it says it does not fit my car, or says its for another model.
    This was a link from a poster called RBH on another thread....i dont know how to tag a poster in a thread. Im not even sure ive copied the link address right. It was in a thread by andy66 titled "bulbs".

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/55W-Xenon-HID-9006-HB4-9012-HIR2-Headlight-Replacement-Conversion-KIT-All-Colors/272566154318?hash=item3f7635744e:m:m_Q01m1csTJQGpd LtY6QNWg[/url]
    But it says it doesnt fit. I think it would....would it?

Can anyone provide a link to something that is compatible with my car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome buddy.

It's the Insignia A facelift.
    The headlights are projector units.
    The bulb is a 9012.
    Here's the kit you linked.....and yes, they'll work fine .

I've had this kit in mine for nearly 2 years and never had any issues.

You can also fit LED's into it.....as long as they're the 9012 fitment.

Personally, I don't favour LED's as I feel the light output didn't compare with the HID kits but others prefer them over HID's.

I'm sure they'll be other opinions later on
    You may need to purchase a pair of cancellers just as a precaution.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon1973 View Post
      i dont know how to tag a poster in a thread.

Im not even sure ive copied the link address right
      Hi, to tag a member into a post use the @ sign before their name like this @Simon1973 That should have sent you a notification letting you know someone has mentioned you in a post.

To add a link hit the link tab, paste the link then hit ok.

Last edited by marko301; 16-12-2019, 07:01 AM.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        RBH ( cheers marko301 )any chance of a link for suitable cancellers? Looking to get something ordered asap, as doing a lot of driving in the dark (literally) at the minute.

Comment

You don't tend to need error cancelers in the facelift. I never needed them when I had mine. I'd try the kit and only buy some if you get the bulb out error on your dash. The bulbs will still work fine until you get some if you need them.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Excellent.
            Ordered a set of the ones linked above, 5000k.
            I take it all this wont fit into the headlight behind the cover?
            I've never done this before, so any advice welcome.

Comment

It will all fit in mate

Comment

Aye takes a bit of giggling and gentle persuasion but all fits nice and tidy.

Comment

Perfect.
                  Hopefully they come wednesday or thursday, so can get them fitted saturday.
                  I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Kit has arrived, but the bulbs are marked 9006, not 9012.
                    Will they still fit?

Comment

Yes mate they will still fit

Comment

That's great mate, thank you.
                        It looks like theres an extension lead with a rubber grommet surrounding it. If it's all going in the housing could I get rid of this bit....cut off the grommet bit.

Comment

Yes you can remove the gromit if you like , but it will all fit in the headlight

The gromit is there for , if you needed to cut a hole out of the sealing cap

Comment

Ah right. The grommet has 4 wires going through it, but I think I only need 2. The other two are an extension for if I needed to locate the ballast elsewhere I think. I was thinking to remove it so I could get rid of the extension bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon1973 View Post
                              Ah right. The grommet has 4 wires going through it, but I think I only need 2. The other two are an extension for if I needed to locate the ballast elsewhere I think. I was thinking to remove it so I could get rid of the extension bit.
                              Yeah that's fine. Most remove the extensions.

Comment

Working...
                              X