Insignia gear box oil quantity f40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia gear box oil quantity f40

Hi all. I apologise if this keeps getting asked but I知 reading different people advising different amounts of gear box oil when doing a oil change.
    I知 about to service my 2015 ( 65 plate ) insignia 2.0 diesel 140 vx sport tourer
    I thought whilst I知 at it I may as well hang gear box oil. Can anyone please confirm what oil is best ( manufacture / brand etc ) so I know I知 ordering the right stuff and also the amount. I致e read some people add 2.2 litres after draining and others say around 1.8 litres. If anyone can confirm that will be much appreciated.
    Also is it necessary to replace the drain plug ?
    I知 not having any issues other than at times 1st and 2nd gear can be difficult to select but this is not all the time.
    Thanks all
    Rob

Cars only done 25k miles btw

Comment

1.8L and I reused the drain plug
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        1.8L and I reused the drain plug
        Hi
        Which oil did you use please ??
        Why do different people recommend different quantities of oil ??

Comment

on my old car I got told 2.4l,and that's what I did,,,week later I blew a driveshaft oil seal,,made some enquiries with a Vauxhall mechanic,and was told 1.8l

im getting the oil pump seal replaced on the 30th dec,and as he has to drain the gearbox oil,ill be buying a couple of litres of this

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

on my old car I got told 2.4l,and that's what I did,,,week later I blew a driveshaft oil seal,,made some enquiries with a Vauxhall mechanic,and was told 1.8l

im getting the oil pump seal replaced on the 30th dec,and as he has to drain the gearbox oil,ill be buying a couple of litres of this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liqui-Mol...gAAOSwR4dbfToA
            I値l get some ordered. And yes I defo don稚 want issues like you had . I知 doing it to avoid future issues not create them haha
            I take it as long as you at least put in what you take out you can稚 go far wrong. But I値l make sure I use 1.8 litres

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo81 View Post
              I’ll get some ordered. And yes I defo don’t want issues like you had . I’m doing it to avoid future issues not create them haha
              I take it as long as you at least put in what you take out you can’t go far wrong. But I’ll make sure I use 1.8 litres
              yep,should have done better research ,cos the driveshaft seal was a pain in ass to do

Comment

yep,should have done better research ,cos the driveshaft seal was a pain in ass to do
                Would you say it痴 recommended to change gear box oil at 5 years / 25k miles ?? Very low mileage but thinking of it痴 an easy job to do and I値l have the tools out anyway doing a service I may as well do it. I致e put it off in the past as I couldn稚 be bothered removing all the battery , battery tray and ecu housing etc.

Comment

its down to the owner imo,,don't think its even mentioned on the service schedule,i always try and keep ontop of routine stuff like oils etc,and for the sake of 20 odd quid and an hour of your time,it wont hurt it to change every few years

Comment

its down to the owner imo,,don't think its even mentioned on the service schedule,i always try and keep ontop of routine stuff like oils etc,and for the sake of 20 odd quid and an hour of your time,it wont hurt it to change every few years
                    Yes defo agree

Comment

It even gives the amount of oil required [1.8 Ltrs] for the F40 gearbox in the Haynes Manual----and do use the correct oll as Dave has specified----easy job to do too-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                        It even gives the amount of oil required [1.8 Ltrs] for the F40 gearbox in the Haynes Manual----and do use the correct oll as Dave has specified----easy job to do too-----Dave
                        Top man thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X