Vagcom/tech2/obd2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vagcom/tech2/obd2

Hello lads like VW has vagcom what’s the best thing to use for Vauxhall for software updates like sweeping dials etc cheers

Sounds like an infection of some sort

Comment

Vagcom does sound a bit like thrush 😂
      Last edited by Kie 227; 16-12-2019, 07:22 PM. Reason: I can’t spell

Comment

Well to answer you question something called opcom/vauxcom, only problem is is nowhere near the function on vagcom/vcds, will allow you scan the car/ dpf function/live data ect. sort of basic but not for coding ect., there is something on market called vxdiag nano GM with subscription will allow coding modules, I haven't tried it myself so can't tell you how good it is, be aware there is lot of so called fake chip opcoms on market that will not work with newer cars and give all sorts of problems.

Comment

Ok mate thanks for your help I’ll have a look into them

Comment

Maxiecu is the one I have, plus it covers more years than what opcom offers, and you can add other car makes onto it by buying the software---think it's about £20 to update, the company is called Gendan automotive products and their number is 01792588002 and they are very helpful - - - Dave

Comment

Cheers mate just had a look not a bad price either will definitely be investing in one will save on garage fees as well

Comment

I would just give them a call and tell them what your after---I asked for a device that is ok for the DPF and this was what they recommended----its easy to set up on to your laptop[if I can do it anyone can]--unlike opcom which is a bloody nightmare.And as I say you can add on different car manufacturers---you can't do that with opcom---Dave

Comment

Cheers mate they are not a bad price either will give them a call to see what they recommend

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                    Well to answer you question something called opcom/vauxcom, only problem is is nowhere near the function on vagcom/vcds, will allow you scan the car/ dpf function/live data ect. sort of basic but not for coding ect., there is something on market called vxdiag nano GM with subscription will allow coding modules, I haven't tried it myself so can't tell you how good it is, be aware there is lot of so called fake chip opcoms on market that will not work with newer cars and give all sorts of problems.
                    One of our members has just purchased this "vxdiag nano" but its not playing ball when trying to program the ecu (wont communicate).

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                      Maxiecu is the one I have, plus it covers more years than what opcom offers, and you can add other car makes onto it by buying the software---think it's about £20 to update, the company is called Gendan automotive products and their number is 01792588002 and they are very helpful - - - Dave
                      Hi Dave,

Just read your post about the Maxiecu, I have purchased this as well
                      can I ask when on engine live data do you get any feedback from the exhaust gas temp sensor,
                      my feedback is zero and it only comes up with one sensor whereas the car has two.
                      Just wondering if yours is the same or whether I have a software problem.

Thanks

Sean

Comment

Hello, never had a chance to go that deep into the device yet, did have to do system update a few days ago though, if you get stuck you can give the supplier a call or you can get in touch with Maxiecu, sorry can't be more helpful but I am just learning about the device too--might be worth just connecting it up and go through the different parameters - - - Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I'm dealing with Gendon at the minute over the problem,
                          just thought I would ask before replying to them,

I have a Foxwell 644 as well, and that shows both sensor's giving feedback.
                          so it isn't an issue with the car.

Thanks Dave

Sean

Comment

Vagcom sounds like a dirty website

Comment

Yeah be careful searching for that one

Comment

Working...
                              X