New member needs electrical help PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member needs electrical help PLEASE

Hi all, I’m really hoping someone can help me here because I’m at a loss. Got ‘check brake lights’ message a few days ago, straight after this rear wiper and lights came on and won’t turn off even with keys out and door locked.
    I’ve ripped boot lining out and found that it’s leaking rain water through the two oval caps at top corner of boot. I’ve no idea what to do now I’m having to disconnect my battery every time I park my car somewhere! This is driving me mad and just before Christmas too! If someone could help me resolve this I’d be highly appreciative. (Point to note I’m clueless with car electrics)
    Many thanks in advance

Have you had a camera or anything fitted to car recently? Are all the rear lights working? Sometimes a blown bulb and cause a short circuit.

The leak is a common problem, but never heard of it doing this.

Quite easy to remove each rear light for inspection.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

There is a thread on here on how to seal those leaks. If it is the cause of the electrical problem should be able to dry water up and spray some electrical cleaner on parts, start engine, heating full and leave for an hour. Or stand there with a hair drier.

If not from leak then could be anything

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Not fitted anything. I’ve had both taillights if they look fine. Changed tail and brake bulbs to no joy.
        The loom on the left heading down to the fuse box in boot looks wet but I can figure out how to get to it can only see through the oval hole

Comment

Thanks Matt I’ll try the heating on and leave it a while see if that helps. It’s really driving me mad I can’t afford an auto electrician just before Xmas and really need my car over the Xmas period as you can imagine

Comment

The sides actually just pull out, hard but they come out, had mine out to put extra boot lights in. But if a pain to put back in but they do.

Comment

Module in n/s panel probably damp, just unplug wash wipe for now until you can get it looked at, not a good idea to keep disconnecting battery.

Comment

Well, I’ve had heating on at full and even left a dehumidifier in my car overnight removing around 200ml of water but the problem persists. It’s driving me bloody mad now!

Comment

Hi
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Electric help you say? I can turn it into a fireball if that's any use?
                    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I read someone on fb had this issue and resolved it by siliconing them 2 bungs at the top and removing the boot trim and drying the gap out fully, iirc they had a electrics submerged too in the back panel they had a box in there that was swapped out for another one and all was well. Hopefully someone on here can be less vague and know a bit more. But i would start with sealing the holes and removing all the panels at the back and drying what you can

Comment

Follow the loom to the control modules unplug and examine all connections and box/boxes

Comment

Working...
                        X