X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No service history 146k on the clock owner for around 2 weeks roughly

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
      The lad at the garage had to drill mine out[63 reg] but its just pot luck to be honest----took him minutes---but as I say he knows these engines inside out------Dave
      Ah that's how I quote
      Yeah might try the drill if I've no holes.
      Was hoping to find an easy way to establish what box and if holes where there just being lazy .

Comment

my 2015 is getting done on 30th of this month,,it also hasn't the cutouts in the box,,if it had I may have done it myself,but wouldn't know where to drill..mine is a low miler,never had the low pressure warning,,just doing it for peace of mind
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Its not just a case of removing the undertray and dropping the sump----there is a host of things to be done before that----when was the last time it had an oil and filter change and what oil was used----this thing about long life oil and only change it once a year really is bad advice from VX---must be changed at least twice a year---and only with dexos 2 oil-------Dave
          I would be changing oil atleast every 6 months or 5k

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            my 2015 is getting done on 30th of this month,,it also hasn't the cutouts in the box,,if it had I may have done it myself,but wouldn't know where to drill..mine is a low miler,never had the low pressure warning,,just doing it for peace of mind
            Very nice car.
            Seems you are best to.
            Very strange design flaw why not keep it bolted to the pump like older variants

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
              Yeah that's what I thought.
              I was meaning when it first happened on Friday I thought it could have been a faulty sensor not a seal as I wasn't aware of a seal between pick up and pump.
              When it happened again this morning I first thought could be the pump. After a Google search it seems it's the seal that causes this issue by many different factors.
              The holes I refer to is for knowledge of doing the job myself as removing the gearbox etc in the street in this weather would be to much of a challenge to be honest.

Yeah that looks like the seal I found on eBay to get the part number which thankfully I had as dealers had no clue what I was even talking about.
              Thanks everyone for the replies
              If your looking for genuine parts, go to GPS / AUTOVAUX

Much cheaper than going to the stealers

Comment

Hello Rab---totally agree----its just a pity that we aren't all honest like us-------Dave
                Dave....I'd rather give it for free or bin it if I know something isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  If your looking for genuine parts, go to GPS / AUTOVAUX

Much cheaper than going to the stealers
                  Many thanks I'm sure I will be using them over the coming months
                  Few things to be done I reckon bush refresh Inc suspension aswell.
                  Due to time and the need for the car to be working etc I'm stuck with the stealers this time only due to time constraints.

Comment

I'm the same. I did get it cheap considering it's just had clutch @ cost of 800 supplied and fitted. Tyres are new new brakes and recent ish belt

Comment

Rab---wouldn't ever want to upset anyone so as you say ---be truthful from the start and I've never had any sleepless nights ------Dave

Comment

If you haven't already changed the oil then that's what I would be doing---there is no need to remove the gearbox to do the sump removal--but you really need to be careful when you drill the holes----there is a video somewhere where the lad did it on the roadside----some coloured fella he was but it took him all day to do it----Dave
                        Last edited by Dave1419; 18-12-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Yeah that's the one Rab-----cheers----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              What's that costing Dave? Hope not too expensive for 2hrs labour
                              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

If you haven't already changed the oil then that's what I would be doing---there is no need to remove the gearbox to do the sump removal--but you really need to be careful when you drill the holes----there is a video somewhere where the lad did it on the roadside----coloured fella he was but it took him all day to do it----Dave
                                c

Coloured fella ? Bloody hell Dave , you have to PC nowadays, Black or White is acceptable , certainly not coloured

Comment

Working...
                                X