Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse gear when selecting 1st

Hi all,

Ive a 2010 insignia and sometimes when selecting 1st gear reverse is engaged instead

what causes this?

thanks

Ryan

I've never had this on any Vauxhall I've owned. I would guess there's an issue with linkages if it keeps happening and you're 100% sure you're not activating the trigger on the gearstick.
    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Hi there,

cheers for the reply.

yeh definitely not pushing the reverse triggers. I always know when its going to happen - the gear is difficult to engage then the reverse beep sometimes comes on and reverse is engaged.

Comment

Get your linkages checked then mate.

Comment

Just a thought, does it happen immediately after you've selected reverse? Maybe the lifter is sticking?

Comment

Hi there,

thanks for your reply.

OK will get that checked

No, most commonly it happens when i go to select first from neutral at red lights

Comment

It's either as above the linkages , or the reverse trigger ant quite going down fully .
              Try a bit of silicone spray on the reverse trigger and work it like a bit of flappy skin to see if the trigger will pop out a bit more .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

You think you have problems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJhOSdxQVg
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                  I never get bored of listening to that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
                    I never get bored of listening to that!!
                    Even though I know what's coming it still has me in stitches
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Even though I know what's coming it still has me in stitches
                      Just like when someone mentions black wheels!
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hey

Thanks for your input !

Great, I will give that a go to see if it helps

Comment

Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
                          Hey

Thanks for your input !

Great, I will give that a go to see if it helps
                          Reviving an old post but did you ever get this fixed ?
                          Im having the same issue.​

Comment

Working...
                          X