Insignia estate 2009 rear number plate light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia estate 2009 rear number plate light

Noticed when I bought the car it had number plate light out which I thought it's maybe just a bulb.
    I know now it's not changed bulb still not working so I checked plug for power and nothin, other side works fine.
    Checked fuses etc. Everything looks fine. Is there a known fault for this?

Any advice is kindly received

think there is good possibility you will need to get tail gate trim off, the hatch/saloon looks to have junction in wiring from circuit I found the 2 lights are just in parallel so if ones working check loom and plugs for corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      think there is good possibility you will need to get tail gate trim off, the hatch/saloon looks to have junction in wiring from circuit I found the 2 lights are just in parallel so if ones working check loom and plugs for corrosion.
      Took tailgate trim off and tested the connection to the loom it has power so I'm thinking it's the other loom to bulb holder as the bulb holder works in the other side so that's ruled out now. When you take the rear trim off an estate there is a plug from main loom to a connection fitted to the tail gate. I never removed outer trim to access due to it getting dark. So it's looking like the short loom to the bulb holder will need some work.

Comment

Working...
      X