Gas exhaust temperature sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas exhaust temperature sensors

Please someone give me advice, i have a Vauxhall insignia 2.0 eco, i have the keep driving, cleaning exhaust system, and won’t clear itself, I’ve also have it go into limp,mode a couple of times, stating high temperature sensor 2 ,cleared it and replaced temp sensors on dpf and in exhaust system near the drivers feet area, ( at a cost of £300.00) as I’ve said the cleaning exhaust system won’t clear, I’ve put a foxwell diagnosis item on the car and did a full scan clearing any codes, now when I view live data on the exhaust system it is reading and monitoring the exhaust temperature on sensor 2 but there’s no reading on sensor 1 also the voltage is reading 0.1volts, which sensor is number one and where is it located, also could there be a break in the wire and where do they break, also where do the wires run to from the sensors, the car is really puzzling me........

Do a forced regen mate. Using opcom or something similar can force regen

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Originally posted by MarkBes View Post
      Please someone give me advice, i have a Vauxhall insignia 2.0 eco, i have the keep driving, cleaning exhaust system, and won’t clear itself, I’ve also have it go into limp,mode a couple of times, stating high temperature sensor 2 ,cleared it and replaced temp sensors on dpf and in exhaust system near the drivers feet area, ( at a cost of £300.00) as I’ve said the cleaning exhaust system won’t clear, I’ve put a foxwell diagnosis item on the car and did a full scan clearing any codes, now when I view live data on the exhaust system it is reading and monitoring the exhaust temperature on sensor 2 but there’s no reading on sensor 1 also the voltage is reading 0.1volts, which sensor is number one and where is it located, also could there be a break in the wire and where do they break, also where do the wires run to from the sensors, the car is really puzzling me........
      Thanks for replying, I’ve tried a forced regen, still can’t get my head around no power and no temperature reading from temperature sensor one..?

Comment

probably nothing to do with sensor issues,but,have you checked your intercooler boost hoses for splits ,or holes,,,a split boost hose can throw the car into limp,and also prevent a full regeneration
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hello markbes, I think exhaust temp sensor number1 is below the down pipe , I think there are 2 in that location, number 1 is the cat sensor and after there's exhaust temperature number 1 ( but don't quote me on it .
          Number 1 gives you pre DPF temperature the range should be at about 800 degrees Celsius exhaust temperature and the engine temperature has to be above 65 degrees Celsius, for the car to perform regen , if not then regen is aborted .
          Only worring thing is if it's failed to regen then any extra diesel has been dumped into the sump,.so first off I would check oil level on dip stick , if high then an oil and filter change is a must .
          Whitest under bonnet just check and clean MAP sensor with some electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud.
          Have you got live data read outs available on that scan tool ? Be good to know what saturation level you have in the DPF and the pre and after exhaust temperatures.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            Hello markbes, I think exhaust temp sensor number1 is below the down pipe , I think there are 2 in that location, number 1 is the cat sensor and after there's exhaust temperature number 1 ( but don't quote me on it .
            Number 1 gives you pre DPF temperature the range should be at about 800 degrees Celsius exhaust temperature and the engine temperature has to be above 65 degrees Celsius, for the car to perform regen , if not then regen is aborted .
            Only worring thing is if it's failed to regen then any extra diesel has been dumped into the sump,.so first off I would check oil level on dip stick , if high then an oil and filter change is a must .
            Whitest under bonnet just check and clean MAP sensor with some electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud.
            Have you got live data read outs available on that scan tool ? Be good to know what saturation level you have in the DPF and the pre and after exhaust temperatures.
            Thank you for your reply, ok whilst reading the live data this read out shows (wish I could insert a picture taken on my phone as this would explain it instead of me trying to go round the houses to explain) exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 , 0. 0.1 volts.
            Exhaust gas temperature 2, 300, 0.9 volts,
            Before gas temperature was reading a temperature before It started having issues with regen, I can’t help but think the issue is because it’s not reading a temperature, like I’ve stated I’ve replaced the sensors on the dpf and the exhaust pipe, the sensors alone were £300, I’m not sure which sensor to change next????????

Comment

Oh forgot to say, there is certainly no loss of power, intact it goes like stink power all the way through the gears and instant, if inter coolers pipe was split item would be down on power and black smoking, i had one go on a discovery 3, that’s what that did ....

Comment

So as far as I can read you have replaced 2 sensors , the car is not regenerating or so it seems but you have full power ,
                Have you had the SVS warning come up or the MIL come up ?
                But also you have had it go into LHM ( reduced power )
                You don't say what is the saturation level in the DPF .
                But I don't know much about this foxwell diagnostic tool .
                So in theory if you have replaced the DPF temp sensor and the pre DPF sensor then you have replaced the 2 temp sensors that control regeneration.
                If you have no voltage on temp sensor 1 are you sure the temp sensor is not faulty or the wrong one ?
                That would be the next port of call
                Also as in my last post check oil level as a must .
                But also report back with saturation levels in the DPF and back pressure in the DPF .
                But as said check intercooler hose just to make sure .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will check hose tomorrow, but like I’ve said I’ve no loss of power, if anything it seems that it has more power?.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will check hose tomorrow, but like I’ve said I’ve no loss of power, if anything it seems that it has more power?.
                    Hi all, as a point of interest, I have now finally got the issue sorted with my insignia, as I replaced both gas temperature sensors, one on the DPF and one on the exhaust, it was correct that one had failed, I had to have it reprogrammed to say it had been replaced, also everything else was cleared too, now absolutely bob on, and it only cost £99.00, I think that was a bargain to having it running right, thanks to all made a comment from my previous posts............

Comment

Thank you Mark for taking the time to report back to say that it is now all working correctly.
                      Your reply helps others who may be experiencing the same problem.
                      This is how forum's work
                      Once again thank you.

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thank you for your comments, regards to all

Comment

Hi,

Just to add a bit of info
                          I had number 2 exhaust temp sensor fail a few months back activating the svs warning,
                          it didn't stop the car regening, maybe if number one fails that will.

Also I had a glow plug fail on number 4 cylinder just before Christmas
                          I was worried that it wouldn't regen then as the dpf was at 78% saturation, they are the pressure sensing type.
                          Before I had chance to change it, it also did a regen that time as well. what a relief.

Comment

Hi all, as a point of interest, I have now finally got the issue sorted with my insignia, as I replaced both gas temperature sensors, one on the DPF and one on the exhaust, it was correct that one had failed, I had to have it reprogrammed to say it had been replaced, also everything else was cleared too, now absolutely bob on, and it only cost £99.00, I think that was a bargain to having it running right, thanks to all made a comment from my previous posts............
                            Twice in last 3 weeks I have to pull over due to engine overheating warning, AA got me going both times. AA thought I needed to get a software update from Vauxhall. Anyway went my local garage and they put the computer device on the car, it showed the car failed a DPF regen 15 miles back exactly the last time the car broke down. The temp sensors on the DPF are showing red on voltage 1.1. I think I have exactly your issue and car is to get them replaced next week. The garage have advised me not drive the car as DPF is 86% soot. I am lucky to catch this or I would be in for new DPF as well. Thank MarkBes your post really helped me as non mechanic understand what needs done, so many threads on internet with people scratching their heads how to fix.

Comment

Working...
                            X