• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eibach on my biturbo tourer

Comment

Originally posted by simon1 View Post
      eibach on my biturbo tourer
      Thanks, which drop you running? same all the way round?

Comment

Yes 30mm all round sits nice too

Comment

I've used PI springs on a previous car and they lasted and performed well no issues at all , ride wasn't to harsh at all and handling was improved .

Comment

I had 30mm H&R on my facelift, sat nice and ride was as smooth as factory but handled better ���� I’ve got PI 35mm for my Insignia B but not managed to get them on yet so can’t comment on how they feel but all feedback seems good

Comment

I'm still undecided what to fit I reckon shocks need replacing anyway , so the thought is might as well get springs into the bargain which on a quick Google the standard gear works out the same price as an upgraded set , the cars sat on 20inch rims also which suck for comfort as is so I want to avoid anything mega firm

Comment

Which brings me to ask , has anyone used or know someone that's used Stance coilovers , there around 250 quid which is definitely cheap

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                  Looking to order lowering kit for my tourer, will keep for now at 18" wheels which would you go for?

PI or Eibach?
                  Keep it original.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                    Looking to order lowering kit for my tourer, will keep for now at 18" wheels which would you go for?

PI or Eibach?
                    I'm starting to think the same

Comment

Keep it original. you end up scrapping the bottom, especially on those higher kerbs/pavements.

Comment

Just remembered I had eibachs on my first Insignia, it was on 18s and dropped 30mm, again really good handling and ride comfort was as good as standard

Comment

Harking back to my earlier years
                          I always remember a rule of thumb that if you were to lower a car anymore than 20mm
                          You have to start looking at replacing other suspenders components as well ( shocks , drop links shock mounts bearing )
                          Because you are putting the rest of the suspenders under more strain , and things start wearing out at a faster rate .
                          So what seems like a nice mod can sometimes turn into an expensive mod .
                          I don't know what roads are like round your way but round mine it's like something out of Daktari .
                          There's one main road so bad the council have put signs out saying uneven surface .
                          As above, I would keep it stock , due to all sorts of reasons but lowering it will not do the whole suspension system any favours .
                          But that's my 2 pennies thrown in .and mine only .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            Harking back to my earlier years
                            I always remember a rule of thumb that if you were to lower a car anymore than 20mm
                            You have to start looking at replacing other suspenders components as well ( shocks , drop links shock mounts bearing )
                            Because you are putting the rest of the suspenders under more strain , and things start wearing out at a faster rate .
                            So what seems like a nice mod can sometimes turn into an expensive mod .
                            I don't know what roads are like round your way but round mine it's like something out of Daktari .
                            There's one main road so bad the council have put signs out saying uneven surface .
                            As above, I would keep it stock , due to all sorts of reasons but lowering it will not do the whole suspension system any favours .
                            But that's my 2 pennies thrown in .and mine only .
                            You definitely don’t want to strain your suspenders!

I lower all my cars. Never had any issues and I drive 60k a year. Putting a very general look on it I have found that H&R are great quality but very firm. PI are cheap and cheerful but don’t make much difference to handling, more just stance. Eibach are great all rounders but can sometimes lower less than stated and the best ones in my opinion are Vogtland. They drop as they state, don’t wreck the ride quality and improve nose dive and handling massively.

No doubt about it though, drop links etc will wear out quicker. I think I was lucky as my insignia didn’t nearly 180k lowered and I only had to change the front drop links once.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about my drop links there not an expensive item , the problem I'm having at the moment is finding a shock and spring kit , buying seperately is looking expensive which I why I was considering coilovers as they can be got for less.

Comment

Eibach not that much more expensive but better quality and better ride comfort .I had PI springs on an astra coupe and they were fine if a little on the firm side .

Comment

Working...
                                X