Low volume on USb compared to Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low volume on USb compared to Radio

Probably every one knows about this one, but i'm looking for a fix. It's very annoying that i need to put my volume ot 45+ to hear the music from the USB. It's a shame that VAG group cars have blasting audio and volume quality since they leave the manufacturer. What can i do to fix this ? Upgrade the stereo and put an amplifier or ?

Hello what equipment are you plugging into the USB ?
    Just make sure what ever you are plugging in is not lowering the volume by default.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I found turning the volume up on the phone worked perfectly

Comment

It's not the phone mine is always all the way up and i don't use it for music only for navigation with Waze. Music is from usb sticks. I have a passat b5.5 2001 with pioneer double din and the sound is 10 times louder...

Comment

I don't know if there is a volume setting in the main menu .you don't say what year or head unit you have in your insignia .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Insignia 2.0cdti 160hp Estate 2011 CD500NAVI. I think they restricted the sound from the manufacturer. It's not only with insignia but whole Vauxhall brand.

Comment

My 2009 Elite (DVD800 NAVI) is plenty loud at around 20-24, push to 30 and is high enough you have to raise your voice to talk to passengers. 45+ you would have to shout to be heard. Would say something is not right with either the files you are playing (recorded/converted at a lower volume which is possible on some software) or your USB port/wiring/connection to headunit maybe. Mine is only slightly lower than the radio volume.

Comment

I have 4 different usb sticks. I'm going to work but i can give you a link to 4 different thread with the same problem as mine. Or just write in google search insignia low volume/ quiet volume / radio volume and you will see how many people are facing the same issue. This car unit is volume restricted and the radio is the loudest one. I don't know why but it's only in uk.

Comment

That’s strange, as said I don’t have this issue and the head units are identical I believe except for different firmware, perhaps that’s where the issue lies. The 500NAVI can be updated to the 800NAVI by firmware so wonder if this would sort the problem?

Comment

Just thought I'd mention I put a load of cd's on a USB stick and I found that the volume differed between different types of music eg pop was a different volume to classical etc, they were all proper cd's not those burnt off originals.

Comment

Why have you put these links above? They do not relate to your problem??? The Astra & Adam links refer to the Intellilink system (not the CD500) and you have pasted the Adam link twice. The vauxhallowners link refers to an Insignia owner trying to connect an android phone to the CD300 which doesn't support android only supports iphone. If the problem was with the whole Vauxhall brand then we would all be aware of it on this forum.................and we are obviously not. There is either a problem with your system or your expectations compared to your passat are not being met
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

The same is for the problem with the seal for the oil pick up pipe seal, which a lot of people don't know it exist. I phoned 5 Brits garages 4 of them didn't know what i was talking about and the last one was "It's a lot of work" Then i get pissed off and phoned one Polish garage and as soon as i mention this seal the guy was yes i know what you're talking about 200 pounds and the work is done for a day. It's a mayor problem from the manufacturer there's even a petition and yet Vauxhall don't want to do a recall. https://www.change.org/p/vauxhall-in...k-up-pipe-seal I was trying to give you as much examples as i can but most of the people use their phone for music, which i don't and they forgot to turn the volume all the way up when they want to listen to music. I downloaded even .wav files yes there's a slight difference but it's not the same. The volume and quality in vag and i'm not talking about bose or bang and olufsen is better. Comparing it even to old golf 4 with speakers in good condition. In my passat with the fabric mounted speakers not ground zero one and pioneer AVH 180 DVD you can't hear your speach with volume on 15. Added 2 amps for front line and 12" SPL Ground zero and you can't sit in the car on volume on 12. I will try to save some money and go to caraudiocenter to see what kind of restriction i have. Yes i know that i can change the cd500 to dvd800 only with soft but i read that you lost some of the function on the steering and something else i forgot, but you get 3d nav view. I tried all the option from the unit, turned off the preset EQ because they're sh*t and done my own settings. Went to the hidden menu through config and info and 1 and 6. Nothing that i found to fix the volume issue, the radio still have the loudest volume and between Capital and Radio 1 still have a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff 19693 View Post
                          Just thought I'd mention I put a load of cd's on a USB stick and I found that the volume differed between different types of music eg pop was a different volume to classical etc, they were all proper cd's not those burnt off originals.
                          You need to normalize the sound level. Many CD ripping and burning programs contain a normalization option to adjust volume before burning. You should go through your menu options looking for this setting.

I have music on a USB from cds of various ages and from downloaded music and the sound levels are the same.

Comment

New [22-12, 15:15] Grimlock: I find that very frustrating too! Also when using the handsfree I have to have the volume on MAX! I hope there is a "fix" somewhere!
                            New [22-12, 03:39] Lexterr: Does anyone find a solution how to fix volume difference between radio and usb. It's annoying that i have to put my sound to 45+ when i play music from my usb

Comment

Working...
                            X