Vectra C charging battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra C charging battery

Am I right in thinking I’m ok to the battery off and charge it without having to enter the radio code when it’s refitted? I have googled it and got a few varying answers on the old Vec-C forum? Car is an 08 1.8 petrol?

I may be wrong but.......There's no codes on the radios.

But your better on the forum for the car your asking about.
    There's a fair few members on here who didn't come from a Vectra.

Comment

Yeah I’m just checking the belong to that specific car as such. Just it’s my girlfriends car and been told battery showing healthy just needs a charge however we don’t have a garage or drive to park car and charge so going to have to take inside the house.

Comment

Originally posted by @ndyE View Post
        Yeah I’m just checking the belong to that specific car as such. Just it’s my girlfriends car and been told battery showing healthy just needs a charge however we don’t have a garage or drive to park car and charge so going to have to take inside the house.
        Take it good run during the day....far more effective.

Comment

She did that other week (did about 100 mile round trip on motorway) to be fair but wouldn’t start one day last week so was just advised to give it a charge as voltage was showing healthy she was told.

Comment

When I had my vectra, I had to put a code in when the battery was disconnected.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
              When I had my vectra, I had to put a code in when the battery was disconnected.
              Preface???

Comment

Yeah I’ve read it was preface up to about 04 and after should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Preface???
                  Yes it was a Prefacelift.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by @ndyE View Post
                    Yeah I’ve read it was preface up to about 04 and after should be ok.
                    Mine was an 03plate.

Comment

Ahhh right.
                      Facelifts don't need the code as the head unit and screen are married.
                      The preface will need coding.

Comment

It will be fine for you to disconnect the battery as you won't need to put your radio code in, done it many times when I had my vectra{08} think you only need to reset your Windows and I'm sure that info on how to will be in your handbook - - - - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                          It will be fine for you to disconnect the battery as you won't need to put your radio code in, done it many times when I had my vectra{08} think you only need to reset your Windows and I'm sure that info on how to will be in your handbook - - - - - Dave
                          His is the preface Dave....04 plate.
                          So it'll need the code re entered.

Comment

Rab, he says its an 08.plate in the first post I'll forgive you as it's Xmas - - - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                              Rab, he says its an 08.plate in the first post I'll forgive you as it's Xmas - - - - Dave
                              Gimme yer Gregory's

Comment

Working...
                              X