Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member shock absorber torque value question please

Hi all,
    Need a bit of advice that I could not find on the net and judging by the quality of the threads IÂ’ve read before I signed up IÂ’m pretty sure one or two of you super helpful folk can help me?
    IÂ’ve got a 2009 2.0Cdti auto with the 163 output.
    I had a broken rear coil spring and decided to replace the rear shocks too. The car had 80k on it when I bought it with no service history. IÂ’ve done 20k in the past 11 months. However I had to replace the shocks and the upper cushion mounts as the tops of the shock spindles were completely wrecked and seized.
    Anyway having thought I was a fairly competent home home mechanic I hadnÂ’t torqued up the bottom shock mount (21mm) and embarrassingly the bolt shook loose and is on the M1 somewhere whilst on our current festive holiday trip to the Highlands and and I got as far as Kwik Fit in Newcastle to discover this (I live in Essex!) fortunately a very friendly Vauxhall dealer in Newcastle (DavidsonÂ’s) found a bolt with same thread (and nut) and sent us on our way. I still need to get the correct bolt when I am back home (and a new shock) he said the torque setting is vital hence it shaking out. So can anyone tell me what this should be...?
    Huge thanks in advance everyone

It's a yoooooooooohooooooooo to bionicdad and welcome aboard the insignia drivers ok wing ding .
    Out of curiosity what torque setting did knickers fit do it up to ? .
    Don't quote me on this but somewhere in the region of 90nm and some thread lock
    My normal rule of thaught is if it's FT to undo then it should be FT when doing it up .
    Though someone with a useful answer will be along soon .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Haha thank you yes they were a significant tightness that required a 3ft breaker with my 13 stone but threadlock will be the way to go thank you for the response - much appreciate ��

Comment

Hi, bionicdad, welcome to the friendliest forum on t'interweb, and glad you got your shockers sorted. Hope you enjoy your Scottish Christmas (but watch out for RBH while you're North of the border!)
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Welcome
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thank you ��

Comment

Haha I will and to be fair everyone north of Watford has been a lot friendlier than most people east of Basildon ��
                  The rear suspension is still making a few clunks hoping it may be the rear pads!! Off to Loch Ness in the morning (currently in the north of Aberdeenshire) hoping its not too bumpy... yah am everyone for the warm welcome much better than the Primera, E46 and Ford forums I’ve dabbled on ��

Comment

Working...
                  X