Chrome change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome change

Hi folks, So I'm thinking of changing all the chrome to more of a gun metal, maybe a brushed finish. As a complete novice to this kind of thing, is it realistic to do myself or should I just get a pro on the job?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've de-chromed my grille and fog lamp trims with satin black - see https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ighlight=Frost
    I don't know whether I'd use spray or conventional vinyl wrap if I was to attempt the window trims.
    The advantage of wrapping (whether sheet or spray) is that you can always peel it off of you decide to revert to the original chrome again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190914_174526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	244120

And don't be afraid of trying it yourself - I'm really not a great car diy-er, but think these products are really quite easy to apply.
    Last edited by PeteH; 23-12-2019, 08:18 AM.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Much appreciated, and yes I never thought about being able to just peel it off if I do a less than stellar job

Thanks
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Mine turned out okay after doing the spotlight surrounds and the grill

Comment

Just the wheels to black up now, then, Shane?
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Just the wheels to black up now, then, Shane?
            I heard there popular Pete

Comment

Looks nice! Did you go wrap or spray on?
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
              X