Android from ice box auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android from ice box auto

does anyone know if a USB dab adaptor from ebay with the same connections will work on one of these units??

ebay is about £11 - £25......iceboxauto is £40.

don't wanna spend anymore than I need to

This is the dab module

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3045[/ATTACH]

Comment

I can't help with the hardware compatibility because when I bought mine for my facelift I was gonna buy the dab adapter later but one came in the box with the android unit...... but I remember I couldn't get any android dab apps to work so I emailed icebox and they said I needed their app and sent me a file via email that I had to stick on a usb and install on the unit.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        This is the dab module

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3045[/ATTACH]
        Looked exactly like that.....At a guess I'd say they're the same but thats all it is...a guess.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          I can't help with the hardware compatibility because when I bought mine for my facelift I was gonna buy the dab adapter later but one came in the box with the android unit...... but I remember I couldn't get any android dab apps to work so I emailed icebox and they said I needed their app and sent me a file via email that I had to stick on a usb and install on the unit.
          Ahhhh Ok

so would you say their dab adaptor is unique to their units ?

Comment

Looked exactly like that.....At a guess I'd say they're the same but thats all it is...a guess.
            ive just bought a unit from them

Shop hundreds of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto radios, Android OS radios and Tesla Style aftermarket systems here!

and it comes with a free ODB and rear camera...………..but I wasn't splashing out 40 nicker for a dab, if the fleabay ones do the same job.

Comment

Ahhhh Ok

so would you say their dab adaptor is unique to their units ?
              It shouldn't be but I'm no expert. Try asking them. They might price match. They were good to deal with when I rang them about the battery drain issue.

Comment

It shouldn't be but I'm no expert. Try asking them. They might price match. They were good to deal with when I rang them about the battery drain issue.
                Cheers Mark.....emailed a guy called Rob.....

Comment

ive just bought a unit from them

Shop hundreds of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto radios, Android OS radios and Tesla Style aftermarket systems here!

and it comes with a free ODB and rear camera...………..but I wasn't splashing out 40 nicker for a dab, if the fleabay ones do the same job.
                  that's the xmas bonus well and truly spent
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    that's the xmas bonus well and truly spent
                    Bloody sure it is

At least I'll have what I've been after for a while, without success.....just the dials to try and get now.

Comment

You got this fitted yet?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        You got this fitted yet?
                        Matt......your either on the Moroccan roll ups or in cheap Thunderbird wine

Ordered it late on Christmas Eve....you post this message in the evening of the 27th.......

Comment

If it was a Amazon prime order you could of ordered it Christmas morning and it would of been chucked at your door Christmas night.

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            If it was a Amazon prime order you could of ordered it Christmas morning and it would of been chucked at your door Christmas night.
                            Not even with prime it couldn't.
                            It's ordered direct from icebox auto in Liverpool.

Comment

Not even with prime it couldn't.
                              It's ordered direct from icebox auto in Liverpool.
                              Have you tried it yet? Looking to buy from icebox auto myself

Comment

Working...
                              X