Braking issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braking issue

When driving the car at low speed and I apply the brakes, my body tends to rock back and forth only very slightly. I just want to clarify that my discs could be warped, or could there be another issue. It's a 2016 zafira Sri vx line, I apologise for the invasion, but I am getting no answers from the owners forum. Its only done 22,000 miles and becoming a pain. If they are warped, can anyone recommend a decent Motor factors for the discs and pads. My local garage has quoted £435 to replace all discs and pads, although the pads have plenty of meat on them, I can understand the reason for replacement. Again, many apologies, but I intend to sell the car when the issue is sorted..

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
    When driving the car at low speed and I apply the brakes, my body tends to rock back and forth only very slightly. I just want to clarify that my discs could be warped, or could there be another issue. It's a 2016 zafira Sri vx line, I apologise for the invasion, but I am getting no answers from the owners forum. Its only done 22,000 miles and becoming a pain. If they are warped, can anyone recommend a decent Motor factors for the discs and pads. My local garage has quoted £435 to replace all discs and pads, although the pads have plenty of meat on them, I can understand the reason for replacement. Again, many apologies, but I intend to sell the car when the issue is sorted..

I had this with my Vectra and it turned out to be a warped disc.

A new set solved the issue.
    Even new discs can be warped.

Or..... excessive braking can warp brakes quickly.

I think £435 is a bit over the top tho.
    Last edited by RBH; 28-12-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Cheers, I guessed it may be that. I'm going to tackle them myself, just need to find a decent Motor factors. I have a D.T.I at work, so I'll check them first. Many thanks for your advice..

Comment

Cheers, I guessed it may be that. I'm going to tackle them myself, just need to find a decent Motor factors. I have a D.T.I at work, so I'll check them first. Many thanks for your advice..
        If I remember on here... exclusiv. got his discs reskimmed......might be a cheaper option.
        But might not be available til after the holidays.

Comment

Excellent thinking, got a machine shop where I work. I'll give one of the maintenance crew a bung.. didn't even think of that.

Comment

Excellent thinking, got a machine shop where I work. I'll give one of the maintenance crew a bung.. didn't even think of that.
            Extra expense especially at this time of the year is never welcomed

Comment

I had a brand new set of 355mm discs that had not been fitted to a car before skimmed on a proper machine,,sorted the juddering issues instantly. I also agree with RBH ,,435 is way over the top,,you could replace all 4 corners for less than half that price
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I did the front on mine this morning for the same issue vibration at normal speed and on braking using pagid pads and discs. Parts were £100 from euro car parts with discount code box80. If you supply parts I’d wouldn’t expect you to pay no more than £100 for fitting so you’d probably be looking £250 max with rears aswell.

If I could get pbs pads for the insignia I would of as there good pads but don’t think pbs do them for the insignias

Comment

Nice 'coated' ones,must check mine!
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Euro car parts have more sales than DFS
                    I know when I was after a set of front discs and pads You find you get a bigger discount on more expensive makes
                    I went for pagid and got £110.00 discount with one of there useful codes .
                    Basically half price .winner winner chicken dinner !

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      Euro car parts have more sales than DFS
                      I know when I was after a set of front discs and pads You find you get a bigger discount on more expensive makes
                      I went for pagid and got £110.00 discount with one of there useful codes .
                      Basically half price .winner winner chicken dinner !
                      £108 discount I got online. I had £100 cash so I said can I put £100 cash and £7 on my card he said don’t worry about the £7 and knocked it off. It’s like they make the price up as they go along

Comment

Found some mtec drilled and grooved discs for 100 for front and same for rear. Pads about 30-40 each set. Easy achievable doing this job your self with a basic spanner set as not many tools are needed. Takes about 1 to change fill pad and discs on one axle including jacking up etc.

Comment

Heard issues with some parts from euro car parts and they aren’t actually that cheap if you shop around can normally get things same price if not cheaper.

Comment

£400 odd for pads and discs fitted! That's crazy, I did all pads and discs on my old Saab and spent £65 on a full set of pads and discs, the entire job including a couple of really seized nuts to undo took 2 hours. Maybe try to buy the parts yourself and get a labour quote?
                            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                            X