Rear windows stuck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear windows stuck down

Due to a fault in my drivers door I can only operate the windows from there respective switches not the drivers door and the rear window lock is engaged but can’t be turned off. I have changed the battery recently and haven’t been able to put the rear windows down and up to sync with the key. Today I inadvertently opened the rear window and now they won’t close with the key and I can’t close them from the inside due to the issues already mentioned does anybody know a way to close the windows either manually or reset the child lock

have you held the lock button on the remote?

the insignia has a total closure system built in.

Comment

Because the windows haven’t been synced that isn’t working

Comment

Try disconnecting the battery and start the re-sync again.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Tried that still the same

Comment

Try removing the drivers door switch and spray with some electrical cleaner on all the contacts.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

silly question...……..have you tried a new switch.....or has the old one been removed and not plugged back in??

Comment

Tried a new switch

Comment

I give up.

Comment

Excuse me for sounding stupid , but as far as I can read the rear window child locks are on , but you say you were able to open the rear windows How were you able to open them when the rear window child locks are on ?
                    As I say i maybe sounding stupid .
                    But I think in your predicament, you will have to remove the door car and apply voltage to the motor to raise the offending window .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

The windows were opened using the key with by passes the child lock. In the end the aa were called and they closed the windows using there diagnostic machine

Comment

Working...
                      X