Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia elite 2014 nav900. want to upgrade to 2016 nav900 for apple play!!! help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia elite 2014 nav900. want to upgrade to 2016 nav900 for apple play!!! help.

Hi all,

new to the forum.

Insignia 2014, Elite, front,Back sensors,Rear cam.+ all other elite toys fitted.

My nav900 does not have the protection icon!!
    Looking to use Apple play.
    I have done a bit of research and I believe that Apple play cannot be achieved with this unit until the 2015/16 versions with HMI 2.5. (2014 only has 2.0)
    If i have done my homework then I believe that the option for me is too update the HMI to 2.5 and replace the main unit.
    Here is where i am stuck!!!!
    I do not want to go buying £400 worth of the wrong stuff from Ebay. Also do not really have the tech Know how.

Is there anyone on here that can help me to achieve this. I live in central scotland.
    Seen the name Plasma on here too he seems like the main man with info. will contact him direct.
    Can any one else on here help.

Thank in advance

I was in your predicament, a year ago

Would be great if you could introduce your self , on the new members section

Comment

Gasman, Sorry I did not read the etiquette post. Very new to Forums in general, I have now Posted introduced myself on the new member section.

Sorry If I offended anyone!!!

Comment

Best way is to find someone breaking a 65/16 plate insignia you can also get the modules from an Astra J/K whatever it is LOL.

Expensive upgrade

Comment

No offence taken. Hopefully you'll continue to post, and join in the banter on this forum. It can get quite enthusiastic at times

2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

and before you know it you'll be talked into having black wheels....

Comment

No Defo no Black wheels for me!!!!!!!

Comment

I see that Plasma sorted you out!!!! what did it cost all in???

Comment

Originally posted by floody666 View Post
                  I see that Plasma sorted you out!!!! what did it cost all in???
                  Drop him a PM bud.....he don't bite and you might be pleasantly surprised.
                  Or mention him plasma
                  His stuff and his work is top notch.

Comment

Ive just strolled across this post op. I wish i had the Android Auto (think thats what its called) on my system as the sat nav and basic control suck to be honest.

How did you get on with it? I know its only been a few days [emoji1360][emoji1360] Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                      Ive just strolled across this post op. I wish i had the Android Auto (think thats what its called) on my system as the sat nav and basic control suck to be honest.

How did you get on with it? I know its only been a few days [emoji1360][emoji1360] Cheers
                      You need to get a hmi 2.5 and a 2016 radio module.

Then plasma can program it for you.

Cost is down to how cheap you can find the parts

Android auto in my 63 plate

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                        You need to get a hmi 2.5 and a 2016 radio module.

Then plasma can program it for you.

Cost is down to how cheap you can find the parts

Android auto in my 63 plate
                        Ohh ok, so its same screen and everything pretty much and then just overwrite the software to an updated one and hey presto?

How good is the Android Auto? Any better to get a Android Unit or is it more faff than what its worth?

Id say im alright at finding the right wires with a little help from google, wiring in audio systems and the like but never done steering wheel connectivity but i would assume it just a case of marrying up the wires [emoji1360]

Comment

It's basically 2 modules you need to buy and get programmed. Then you have to swap them in the car.

Android auto or Apple car play is something definitely worth having it just makes everything 10x easier.

"Hey google, send text whatsapp to "xxxx" then you speak the message and then say yes when prompted to send"

Or

"Hey google, play "xxxxx" and choose any music in your library"

I would say if you have had it other cars or tested it in a mates car etc (not you personally). Then you'll definitely want it!

Do you mean subs and amps?

If so can't really help you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                            It's basically 2 modules you need to buy and get programmed. Then you have to swap them in the car.

Android auto or Apple car play is something definitely worth having it just makes everything 10x easier.

"Hey google, send text whatsapp to "xxxx" then you speak the message and then say yes when prompted to send"

Or

"Hey google, play "xxxxx" and choose any music in your library"

I would say if you have had it other cars or tested it in a mates car etc (not you personally). Then you'll definitely want it!

Do you mean subs and amps?

If so can't really help you there.
                            Sorry for late reply, tapatalk for some reason doesnt notify me from this forum.

I have the voice control for audio only in my Ford Custom which is handy but gets it wrong most times.

Yea subs and amps, you can use the existing speaker wire for a signal to rca to the amps and then all you would need it earth and power and a switch live. [emoji1360]

Comment

Working...
                            X