Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittently losing power

Hi,

I've got a 2012 insignia ecotec cdti and got the past 3 days when out driving, I will lose some power. It still drives but the acceleration is very slow, takes ages to go from standstill to 40mph for example. It doesn't happen all the time and there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when it happens. Sometimes it's after 30 mins of driving and other times it's sooner.

I know I need 2 glow plugs changing (the expensive ones with a sensor) but that's been the case for a while so I'm not convinced that's related.

No warnings on dash other than "Service vehicle soon" when starting due to the glow plugs.

Any advice appreciated.

Turbo maybe? Sounds like you might have a split in a pipe that's opening when it warms up.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I've connected it to my little bluetooth odb2 reader and the only fault code is :

P0402- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Excessive Detected

Comment

Take your EGR valve out , give it a good clean with carborettor spray , make sure the plunger can mave up,and down , then re-fit .
        Also remove your MAP and clean with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud, don't be tempted to poke it ,and re-fit .
        In the long run it could be good to fit a restriction plate on your EGR valve ( the plate should have 4 holes on the manifold side , and the exhaust plate should have 1 hole in it ) . There are kits available on that well known auction site. And it dose not throw up the EML .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
        X