• Show
Clear All

• My Sports Tourer SRi VXline

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_181730.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	249452

Cosmic grey 170 turbo D Auto SRI VXline, 20in alloys, winter pack with heated leather sports seats, heated VXline wheel with shift paddles, digital dash + nav 900, park assist and rear cam.

Not intending too many mods. Found it a bit noisier on some surfaces hence so far changed tyres for lower db rated Fulda sport control 2 in 255 section for better rim protection so I dont wince if I hit a pothole. Also fit some sound deadening mat in boot.
    Wondering about re mapping?
    Wondered what it would look like chrome!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190627_115205.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	244197

Comment

A chrome remap????

Comment

Yeah, like I heard that chrome is faster than normal Google....

Comment

Very nice 👍. What sound deadening did you use? Where abouts in the boot have you put it? I find sports tourer cam be noisey from the boot on the wrong road surface.

Comment

Name:	20190617_150914.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	244203
            Bought self adhesive sound deadening off fleabay, I think it was about £18 for 10 sheets. Stuck it around the spare wheel well and between rear suspension mounts at back of seats. Considering now trying some of the fleece matting to go over that.
            I run with no load cover as we have a dog crate in the boot, some road surfaces it is very quiet, but like you say some it can be a bit loud.
            I did change tyres to some with a 68db rating, I think both changes have helped a bit but its not a cure.

Name:	20190611_093016.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	244204

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
              Not intending too many mods. Found it a bit noisier on some surfaces hence so far changed tyres for lower db rated Fulda sport control 2 in 255 section for better rim protection so I dont wince if I hit a pothole. Also fit some sound deadening mat in boot.
              Wondering about re mapping?
              Wondered what it would look like chrome![ATTACH=CONFIG]3120[/ATTACH]
              I thought I was the only one who has fitted 255 / 35, looks much better, in fact looks right doesn't it. Just not enough rubber on the 245 section, only subtle,.. but just enough

Comment

Totally agree, 245 section looks good if you like the euro styled, stretched tyres look, but its not for me, I prefer a bjt more protection. I think the ride benefits as well, fills the arches a tiny bit more also.

Comment

Defo something I will try with mine re the matting. My car is running on 17's but they are eco tyres so they can be noisey. Will change to a softer rubber when the time comes.

Comment

Totally agree, 245 section looks good if you like the euro styled, stretched tyres look, but its not for me, I prefer a bjt more protection. I think the ride benefits as well, fills the arches a tiny bit more also.
                    I looked at the Jaguar 19" wheel on the XF - exactly same size and width wheel, and standard is fitted with 255 / 35, so was easy to envisage the change. Agree the arches look much better. Be intresting to know how you get on with the Fulda tyres, I fitted Goodyear Assymetric 3 F1, get around 25k+ miles from the fronts, great wet and dry drip and very quiet.

Comment

I used a website to check, I can't remember which one but there are a few to choose from. The difference in rolling circumference was just over 1% and as the speedo was already 2 to 3mph under at 30mph so I couldn't see a problem. I found Fulda and Nexen both did a tyre with a 68db rating (the quietest I could find). I used Nexen on my insignia A and rate them highly but the Fuldas looked to have better rim protection for around the same price, so went with them. Those Goodyear's look even better though. The original contis stuck like glue but are a noisy tyre and very expensive!

Comment

I used a website to check, I can't remember which one but there are a few to choose from. The difference in rolling circumference was just over 1% and as the speedo was already 2 to 3mph under at 30mph so I couldn't see a problem. I found Fulda and Nexen both did a tyre with a 68db rating (the quietest I could find). I used Nexen on my insignia A and rate them highly but the Fuldas looked to have better rim protection for around the same price, so went with them. Those Goodyear's look even better though. The original contis stuck like glue but are a noisy tyre and very expensive!
                        yep, the Conti's were very noisy indeed, and clearly only last 10k miles on the front. Had Nexen on my Vectra XP2 and found them horrendous so wouldn't touch them again. The Fulda gets great reviews: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Fu...tControl-2.htm,... in fact better than the Assymetric: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Go...ymmetric-3.htm - but not much in them and also has 68db rating. The longevity swung it for me with the Assymetrics as I was tired of fitting 2 new tyres every 7 months, so will be interesting to see how long these Fuldas last you have

Comment

I will report on here, still fairly fresh at the mo.
                          Also, as I regularly tow my second home, I dont run them down to the carcass, I factor in time of year (weather!) and where and when I am likely to be towing. The continentals all got changed a bit early as we were off on a long trip. I would hate to be aquaplaning with the caravan on the back!

Comment

I will report on here, still fairly fresh at the mo.
                            Also, as I regularly tow my second home, I dont run them down to the carcass, I factor in time of year (weather!) and where and when I am likely to be towing. The continentals all got changed a bit early as we were off on a long trip. I would hate to be aquaplaning with the caravan on the back!
                            I changed all mine as soon as I bought the car, was 10 months old with 10k miles on - front's had been replaced with some awful budgets, rears were the contis with about 2.5mm tread on, not good for rear wear. like you, I always replace well before the 1.6mm marker as well

Comment

Bath time for the big one and the little one today! I'm sick of all the crap on these roads

Name:	20200128_115016.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	244447

Comment

Working...
                              X